Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

IT's HERE!!!!
LSF Member
Fish Lake is frozen over and the ice looks permanant!!

Now we just need a couple inches of snow on top to hold it through the warm spell ahead in the next week and we could be fishing by next weekend.

Posted on: 2006/11/4 11:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: IT's HERE!!!!
LSF Member
From St.Louis River
I keep telling you your jumping the gun. That ice will melt off on Tues or Wed. Get the canoe!

Posted on: 2006/11/4 12:16

Pro Staff
From Southern MN
Sposed to be warm all next week. Rain and wind will take care of that ice. You are a ways off yet Tim, hit the rivers.

Posted on: 2006/11/4 12:21

jimmyrig@lakestatefishing.com

LSF Member
Weathermen have been wrong for days up here.

Thats ok I bought a pick up yesterday and this will give me time to work on it a little.

Posted on: 2006/11/4 18:35

LSF Member
From Burnsville, Minnesota
Hey Tim...
What's up with you? I think you would be best to stay away from the lakes for awhile and wait for the 4inches or more to be there. We don't want you to be the first one through the ice this year, do we? I am setting up for a late ice outing on Red Lake this year sometime during the first two weeks of Feb. Probably during the week or a Sunday through Monday thing if I can get that set up. Care to join me out there then? Hope the ice does not break up too early.

Posted on: 2006/11/4 19:07

LSF Member
Yes ice safety is very important, I may be chomping at the bit, however I will not ask, recommend or volunteer to take people out on the thin. Lake Superior being an exception and then we dont go out unless shes locked in tight.

Like I said "If its under 3 it aint for me, though its been building but the weathermen are keeping me off it; basstards!.

Seriously?
I dont recommend anyone going out, thinking ice is ever safe. Personally, I take many precautions when going out and though I dont care to think about it although I must and I really don't wanna do? The plunge is always on the mind, and I never go out further than I can make it back wet for the temp. This is crucial when you dont have a sled or wheeler around.

With terrorists, cancer, aids, and people driving and using cell phones? Remember this:
If I die icefishing, I accidently died doing what I love.. Can life end better?

Remember this, no I dont wanna die in an old folks home or in my sleep ...

Posted on: 2006/11/4 22:14

LSF Member
P.S.
Streak?
If we met up at URL? We may get to exchange those blades after all !!!

Posted on: 2006/11/4 22:18

LSF Member
From Burnsville, Minnesota
I meant to pull your leg a little on that previous post. I know you are a smart ice fisherman and think before you walk. The "3" you posted was a good reminder to all of us to use as a starting point for thin ice. I usually wait down here for 6 inches as the ice isn't as solid as it looks and has thinner spots to beware of. It usually takes a couple days of the -10F to get the ice solid enough to out safely.( no ice is ever really safe anyway, so use caution at all times)

I have not located those blades yet...there here somewhere in my winter gear kits. I am looking at setting up a six man sleeper up on Red Lake during early Feb. Watch for updates in the Red Lake forum.

Weather is so nice this morning I may take the boat and skip out on finishing up the house winterizing today.

Posted on: 2006/11/5 9:32

LSF Member
From Center City, MN
I was up at my place on whitefish chain and in a small cut out in the lake their was enough ice to "stand on" and when I say stand on, it means I wasnt about to walk out and stand on the ice where the water was more than 1 foot deep. But it was a nice feeling to be standing on the ice this early.

Posted on: 2006/11/5 10:07

LSF Member
No worries about me drowning yet, I took a ride to Fish Lake today and there is as much ice as on the 4th of July. It wont be be this weekend. , although it wont be long.
Currently 23F

Posted on: 2006/11/10 22:58

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page