Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

Frustrating (Mille Lacs Netting)
LSF Member
From Ramsey and Lake Mille Lacs
Been away from the site for a week and come back on to be kinda disappointed in the topics related to netting. Why is it every year come Feb-Mar everyone is all crazy and stirred up about the netting, then soon as May rolls around the topic falls deeper into the archives. This isnt a fight fought in 2 months of the year, this is a non stop battle. Everyone including DNR, TV, NEWSPAPERS and OFFICALS read these forums and every year it's the same. They probably are telling themselves this only lasts weeks, not to worry it blows over till next year, because that's what happens. I'm starting to believe some on here it's a jealousy thing, indains get in the water to take Mille Lacs walleyes before me, lets raise hell. Now that opener looms closer and docks and lifts are hitting the water people forget. Some need to look deeper into the situation, they have had record ice out and more time to net then ever before and this was their 2nd worse year of fish! The lake is in TROUBLE, we cant let this die until next March! We only make ourselves look bad, they fight all year to raise their quota. We need to rise up and do the same and fight to have this stopped. Steve cant do this all on his own, we can hope he wins his case, but what if he doesn't? Lets get some ideas rolling of ways to raise money, maybe join CASST and PERM together to fight legal battles, we always say lets flood the PUBLIC landings with boats and trailers, well we have a year to plan a rally. I dont know, I dont have all the anwsers either but I sure would like to help find an end to this madness. Just my .02 ladies and gentleman, I sure hope we can keep the pressure on.

Posted on: 2012/5/3 22:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Frustrating (Mille Lacs Netting)
LSF Member
From Cambridge, MN
Quote:

WalleyeBryan wrote:
Been away from the site for a week and come back on to be kinda disappointed in the topics related to netting. Why is it every year come Feb-Mar everyone is all crazy and stirred up about the netting, then soon as May rolls around the topic falls deeper into the archives. This isnt a fight fought in 2 months of the year, this is a non stop battle. Everyone including DNR, TV, NEWSPAPERS and OFFICALS read these forums and every year it's the same. They probably are telling themselves this only lasts weeks, not to worry it blows over till next year, because that's what happens. I'm starting to believe some on here it's a jealousy thing, indains get in the water to take Mille Lacs walleyes before me, lets raise hell. Now that opener looms closer and docks and lifts are hitting the water people forget. Some need to look deeper into the situation, they have had record ice out and more time to net then ever before and this was their 2nd worse year of fish! The lake is in TROUBLE, we cant let this die until next March! We only make ourselves look bad, they fight all year to raise their quota. We need to rise up and do the same and fight to have this stopped. Steve cant do this all on his own, we can hope he wins his case, but what if he doesn't? Lets get some ideas rolling of ways to raise money, maybe join CASST and PERM together to fight legal battles, we always say lets flood the PUBLIC landings with boats and trailers, well we have a year to plan a rally. I dont know, I dont have all the anwsers either but I sure would like to help find an end to this madness. Just my .02 ladies and gentleman, I sure hope we can keep the pressure on.

Thank you for keeping on topic, couldn't agree more

Posted on: 2012/5/4 9:02

LSF Member
From Good Thunder
WalleyeBrian - you are so right! I have provided feedback on this site several times on how it is appearing to an outsider. That is what the public sees. My questions remain unanswered. Ultimately this is a political issue as to which has priority. The health of a fishery or a treaty? Amending treaties to account for the current situations has gone on since the dawn of man's history. It's not a can't trust the white man issue as pacts have been drawn and re drawn by all races, creeds, and colors. The small band of individuals reporting here on LSF, who I believe has pure intent, can not get it done. They will and have come off as a bunch of bored malcontents. (Sorry, calling it as I see it playing out). If there is not a cooperative effort showing support from resorts, tackle manufacterers, fishing show figures, etc... who have the $$$, recognition, and network to force addressing the issue the public will not become mobilized to impart pressure for this to change. This is my last word I will provide on this topic. I really would like to know if they have been enlisted to join in and have chosen to sit on the fence for their own benefit!

Posted on: 2012/5/4 10:10

LSF Member
From central mn
Well Bryan welcome back,and your kinda right except we see more more folks onboard now than years past relating to this issue year around,once again the damage has been done this spring,we've had folks jonny on the spot @ boat landings around the lake making video reports,to date nothing has been done by our state or tribal dnr most of which were not present as catches of walleyes were coming in and leaving the accesses, muskies and pike discarded like waste on the water,all of these issues and then these caretakers went on as nothing wrong has happened.

Then the site owner came under attack from certain folks calling his site sponsors calling LSF a racist site (look back through the archives) all netting related issues have been moved from the front page to general discussion on page 2.

So,its not that we have'nt had chatter here for months,we have,the battle still is going on,the netters quota's continues to grow and the non-natives quotas drop,slots have been increased and soon we suspect our non-native daily limits will drop once again,after all how much longer can the lake survive while the pilaging continues during spawn?

Posted on: 2012/5/4 11:04

LSF Member
From Cambridge, MN
Quote:

snow wrote:
Well Bryan welcome back,and your kinda right except we see more more folks onboard now than years past relating to this issue year around,once again the damage has been done this spring,we've had folks jonny on the spot @ boat landings around the lake making video reports,to date nothing has been done by our state or tribal dnr most of which were not present as catches of walleyes were coming in and leaving the accesses, muskies and pike discarded like waste on the water,all of these issues and then some went on as nothing wrong has happened.

Then the site owner came under attack from certain folks calling his site sponsors calling LSF a racist site (look back through the archives) all netting related issues have been moved from the front page to general discussion on page 2.

So,its not that we have'nt had chatter here for months,we have,the battle still is going on,the netters quota's continues to grow and the non-natives quotas drop,slots have been increased and soon we suspect our non-native daily limits will drop once again,after all how much longer can the lake survive while the pilaging continues during spawn?

Tim, you are spot on and I try to help as much as I feel I can being a newby on the pond and introduced to this subject. How about the allocation per tribe in quantity, has anyone put the math to the individual tibe population versus the amount of fish they can take? The entitlement mentality is goiing to stop one way or another and the facts are history repeats itself with ignorance

Posted on: 2012/5/4 11:53

LSF Member
From central mn
tk,

Yes,pretty sure Steve posted the #'s you talk about a while back,to lazy to go through which thread it was but I'm sure Steve can update these #'s if he catches this thread.

Posted on: 2012/5/4 12:35

LSF Member
From Champlin, Ottertail
If some of you guys need some thing to make you mad, read the native fishing and hunting regulations on GLIFWC's site. Try and count how many violations we have witnessed this year just from the videos of Tat2jonnie and others. It is very evident that Mille Lacs is not a Co-managed lake-They get to take the fish and the DNR gets to try to put them back in.

http://www.glifwc.org/Regulations/regulations.html

Posted on: 2012/5/4 13:04

LSF Member
"No more than six lines with a maximum of two hooks or lures per line may be used. Lines may not be left
unattended for a period of more than one hour"

"Species Bag Limit Size Limit
Northern Pike, Smallmouth Bass,
Largemouth Bass, and Walleye
10 per person per day Any size"

This is just wrong.

Posted on: 2012/5/4 15:15

LSF Member
From central mn
I've seen the native regs before,what I have'nt seen is indian "rod-n-reel" fishermen on mille lacs,red lake "yes" not mille lacs even tho they have liberal regs and bag limits,maybe they get enough gill netting?After all the mille lacs tribe can legally gill net 20tons of walleye this year,plus who really knows what else they net weight wise?

Posted on: 2012/5/4 15:34

LSF Member
I have e-mailed many of the key discussion points to friends around the country, they are surprised that they did not know what was going on at the lake. We are talking about what to do next. This is not done. I think there are more people informed about netting now then ever before. I hope the DNR and State leaders are talking about what to do next as well. I do agree that nothing will change until more people get in the game and keep the thread running.

Posted on: 2012/5/4 16:51

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page