Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

What to look for?
LSF Member
From Albertville/Pillager MN
I am looking to take some of my buddies down to the mississippi for some good multi-species action. There is only one problem, I have no clue how to find a good spot to fish. What should I be looking for? We will be shore fishing the stretch between Monticello and Otsego. I am not looking for honey holes (but I will gladly accept them ) but more along the lines of suggestions on what to look for. All help will be gladly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2012/6/25 18:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: What to look for?
Pro Staff
From Brainerd, MN
The river is really high, fast, and muddy right now (at least in Brainerd). Look for anything that breaks the current and look for cleaner water. Slack water and backwater areas should have clearer water and much less current.

Posted on: 2012/6/25 20:25

LSF Member
From Albertville/Pillager MN
Thanks. I forgot to mention I don't plan on hitting the river until the water levels go down a bit.

Posted on: 2012/6/25 23:49

LSF Member
From Isle/Dayton
A good place to fish is Dimmick Island. The island is a no-fee state campground. But the main channel next to the island is deep. And the backside has lots of great cast spots.

Alway be looking for edges of slow back water and older fallen trees and stumps. The river been high, but the fish still are biteing. They just aren t concentrated in the deeper pools.

Posted on: 2012/6/26 10:47

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page