Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Kinnickinnic state park
LSF Member
i was just wondering if anyone had ever fished inside of the park?

or down stream of the bridge on county rd F?

just want to know if it's just sandy bottom or rocky? any good pools?

i've only fished upstream from the bridge and down stream from the long designated walk path.

any info would be nice.

thanks!

Posted on: 2012/8/6 11:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Kinnickinnic state park
LSF Member
From Stillwater,Minnesota
I've fished the park many times. Has mostly a rock bottom, since it runs pretty fast. Assuming you start at the riverside parking lot, work your way up until you reach a run with an eddy very close to the north bank. This is the beginning of the best fishing in the park, since it's far enough upstream to not be reached by anybody who stops to fish for an hour or so. Continuing upstream there are several more nice runs and pools, a couple at least 7-8 feet deep. I've caught lots of Trout through here, along with Walleye and Sauger, as well as Bass. I should warn you though, the water in the park runs pretty rast, and with the rain we received I'd imagine its a little higher now. Wade with caution.
Good Luck

Posted on: 2012/8/6 11:33

LSF Member
riverside parking lot? is that inside of the state park? sorry i haven't step foot inside there yet. looking forward to it this weekend if possible.

Posted on: 2012/8/6 12:08

LSF Member
From Stillwater,Minnesota
Yes it is, the park continues for probably a half mile above the county road F bridge. As long as you stay in the water you can wade up as far as you wish. Downstream in the park you run into a lot of suckers and drum, so I don't typically fish there, although I imagine the biggest Browns would be in any slower pools you could find there, so pick your poison.

Posted on: 2012/8/8 13:23

LSF Member
anyone been out on the kinni as of late? just want to know if the water is clear or muddy. plan on going out tomorrow if possible.

Posted on: 2014/4/4 5:33

LSF Member
get out there! trouts are hungry!

Posted on: 2014/4/7 11:33

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page