Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Lake Bemidji HELP
LSF Member
From Foley, MN
Hello all, am heading up to the Bemidji area to take my grandpa out on Lake Bemdji and try for some walleyes, I haven't fished this lake in 5+ years and being that my grandpa cannot handle being in a boat very long was looking for some help!! He is an old jig and minnow fisherman but it still may be too early for that? Any areas of the lake methods to try would be greatly appreciated plan on heading up next Tuesday!!!! Probably one of the last times out in the boat with him and would love to get him on some fish. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Posted on: 2012/8/27 12:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Lake Bemidji HELP
LSF Member
From First city on the Mississippi
I wish I could help ya. I haven't been on the Bemidji since late June. Check out Tabers Bait web site. I'm sure they have something up to date. I hope to get out this week. When I do I will post something.

I'm sure if you jig fished the cabbage weed lines and points on the west or east side you will ding some eyes and perch. Fish the wind blown shore.

Good luck

Posted on: 2012/8/27 20:50

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Every fish I've been finding has been near off-shore structure lately. You could jig off the edge of bars and sunken islands, etc... There are fish around a lot of them, and a jig will work just fine.

Posted on: 2012/8/28 9:29

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
I fished bemidji last night for a few hours in the evening and ended up with 7 keepers. We started rigging deeper drop offs in 30-25 feet and marked the most fish a little shallower in about 18-20 FOW. The fish we were marking were very active and hanging just off the bottom. We also tried spinners and had a little better luck, with small gold indiana blades producing the best. Once the sun hit the trees it was game on over the shallow weed beds pulling #3 fire tiger River Rockers.

Posted on: 2012/8/28 10:59

LSF Member
From Foley, MN
Thank you guys very much!!!!!! I really Appreciate it!!!

Posted on: 2012/8/31 15:40

LSF Member
From Bemidji
Exactly what Spence and Matt said. I've been picking up 10-15 fish a night with 4-6 keepers just off the northwest bars. 18-25 fow. Lots of 10 inchers, so the futures bright!
I've had the best luck with a green long shanked jig with half a crawler threaded on it.
Low light has been the best. But with this full moon it could be a night bite.

Posted on: 2012/8/31 17:06

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page