Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Full Moon Bite (pics)
LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
This past full moon phase was outstanding for me. As the moon got bigger each night the more fish we caught. Water temps are still very high around the area and need to go down a.s.a.p! The temps are hanging around 71-74 on most lakes in the area. The extended forecast looks good though with a few nights this week that could start a cooling trend. I worked areas in 4- 9 FOW that consisted of thick cabbage and sand rock transitions. Almost all of these areas I found just by searching my GPS/Lakemaster chip. All of our fish have been coming on #3 river rockers with fire tiger producing the most fish hands down. The tullibee color is also good before the sun goes down offering more of a natural presentation.

Most nights consisted of 30-50 fish each night. This fish really started getting active around 9:30 when the moon was shinning high. All in all a strong bite in the shallows and cant wait for the one coming up at the end of the month!

Posted on: 2012/9/4 20:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Full Moon Bite (pics)
LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes/Fargo, ND
Awesome report!

Posted on: 2012/9/4 20:31

LSF Member
From Barnesville MN / Detroit Lakes area
In 4-9 feet and cabbage, what is your setup so that you don't get into the weeds? I'm assuming you are dragging your lures over the weeds? How deep do the rockers go and how much line out, boat speed, etc? Thanks for your help. I'm new to trolling.

Posted on: 2012/9/4 21:31

Pro Staff
From Detroit Lakes/Fergus Falls
Nice work Spence! Get some info out here, these DL boys (including myself) could use some tips!

Posted on: 2012/9/4 22:05

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes/Fargo, ND
Quote:

birddog131 wrote:
Nice work Spence! Get some info out here, these DL boys (including myself) could use some tips!

I could use some tips too! Don't have much experience trolling cranks in cabbage.

Posted on: 2012/9/4 22:27

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Quote:

hanoverhydro wrote:
In 4-9 feet and cabbage, what is your setup so that you don't get into the weeds? I'm assuming you are dragging your lures over the weeds? How deep do the rockers go and how much line out, boat speed, etc? Thanks for your help. I'm new to trolling.

The importance of a line counter is crucial as you might know. With #3 River Rockers I figure 50-55' of braided line will get me down 5 feet running at 1.90-2.3 MPH, 70-75' of line 7 feet down and so on. Most of the cabbage patches I am fishing are 6-7'. So with this said always keeping your bait at 5 feet will insure I am always in the the fishes site and I am far enough off bottom where I am safe. Now once you gain confidence with the River Rocker or any bait for that matter start to let more line out and find a feel for the bottom. I always hold my rod and can always feel any weed or rock on the bottom. The nice thing about river rockers is they have such an aggressive motion making it very easy to detect a weed and can usually be fixed by a hard jerk of the rod.

As we get later into fall and the stick bait bite started to improve keeping your bait up off bottom is even more crucial as they can be very hard to detect if they are weeded up. Now with a stick bait you might think bigger bait, less line, not true. Since most stick baits don't have as sharp of a bill you are going to need to run almost twice the amount of line (obviously this doesn't stand true for EVERY stick bait) and really pay attention to detail and how the bait is running. Hope this helps hanoverhydro.

Posted on: 2012/9/4 22:35

LSF Member
From central mn
Nice stringer of fish and a great report spense! Thanx for sharing the pic! I'm jealous as hell.

Posted on: 2012/9/5 12:15

Staff Team
From Annandale
What a nice mess of eyes. Really great report!

Posted on: 2012/9/5 12:34

LSF Member
Spence ... where did you get the Fire Tiger River Rockers?
Thanks.

Posted on: 2012/9/5 12:43

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Fire Tiger is new color for the River Rockers and can be purchased off Lindys website which is were I got mine.

http://www.lindyfishingtackle.com/productdetail.aspx?id=riverrocker

Attach file:

jpg  LRR_26_Firetiger.jpg (4.59 KB)
6228_5047c7a5310a2.jpg 225X225 px

Posted on: 2012/9/5 16:42

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page