Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Fall bait options?
From Isanti, Minnesota
What is a great line to use while crankbaiting in the fall for walleyes and what depth of water should i be in. I am new to crankbait fishing. I like tothink iam a pro at jig fishing walleye. Any person willing to share there expertease I am willing to share mine with you.

Your feedback is much appreciatted as iam a very advent fisherman. I love to learn new things on the water.

Posted on: 2012/9/15 0:17

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Personally I run 10 lb fireline because I can feel the action of the bait much better and can tell that it doesnt have any weeds on it and that it is running the correct depth not just banging on the bottom. Also you can get a few more feet deeper with fireline with the thin line diameter. Many people sick with the ole stand by 10 lb mono though it is really just a personal preferance. Now as to what depth you should be fishing can vary alot. Typically in the fall the fish will drop to the deeper water on sharp breaks where they can come up the break to feed and drop right back into the deeper water quickly without using much energy. I would try deep shoreline breaks and points during the daytime. Once the sun goes down try shallow rocks or weeds with stick baits like huskey jerks or original floaters especially when the moon is full for some fall hogs! Hope this helps!

Posted on: 2012/9/16 22:58

Northcountry Guide Service
Serving the Bemidji Area since 2002
www.northcountryguides.com

651-399-3179
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From St. Cloud & Nisswa, MN
Quote:

Northcountry wrote: (9-11-2012)
We're a long ways out from "fall" fishing in my opinion. Don't even need a jacket yet... ;)

The cool nights have pushed alot of baitfish out to deep water already. I'm finding walleyes in 30+ feet in the Brainerd area.
Temps. in the 30's in your area as of late will start to turn things on real quik. Bring out the jackets alright, 2 weeks will be prime time.

Posted on: 2012/9/17 8:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Walker, MN
A lure to try in the fall which are used alot for ice fishing a jigging Rap. It fishes fast and when the school is tight you get down fast. No need to tip it with a minnow head but you could.

Fished it last week on leech and the eyes just hammered it a Lindy Darter or a Salmo would be a lure to also try.

Purple with black spots worked real well lure size about 3" to 4".

Posted on: 2012/9/17 8:45

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page