Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

ion electric ice auger vs gas
LSF Member
From Twin Cities
What should I invest in? A gas auger or the new Ion electric auger?

Posted on: 2012/12/1 0:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: ion electric ice auger vs gas
LSF Member
You really won't know what you want until you have tried many of the different augers that are available if you don't have any experience yet.

You have to spend some time on the ice to find out what your preferred fishing style really is and what you enjoy doing most as well as what you don't want to do pertaining to auger usage.

There are many variables and these will help determine what type of auger will work best for your intended usage.

Posted on: 2012/12/1 7:31

LSF Member
From glencoe
depends if you have a warm spot to store the battery or if you want to leave it out in the cold. run and gun in the col, gas

Posted on: 2012/12/1 7:35

LSF Member
From andover mn
i have a jiffy propane auger and love it,3 other friends have bought them after useing mine.great for permanent shacks,no fumes.dont have to worry about gas spills or mixing oil.highly recommend it.

Posted on: 2012/12/1 10:09

LSF Member
From Menahga , MN
Wait on the ion until you se a youtube video in real ice conditions !! I think they will have a MAJOR battery issue with the cold of MN , If you fish in IA , or southern WI it may do allright . GOOD LUCK !!!

Posted on: 2012/12/1 13:48

LSF Member
From Twin Cities
appreciate the feed back fellas, i am investing in a strikemaster gas auger, thats what i borrow from family when i dont want to hand drill.

thanks,

xMNxEyeSlayer

Posted on: 2012/12/1 14:42

LSF Member
From Menahga , MN
Remember you will have this auger for a long time so get what you want !! not what someone wants to sell you! I personaly have a strikmaster 3 HP.laser that the GUY at the sporting goods store said was the best , and it was in it's time , but at 50 lbs - drilling a pile of holes is a full workout !! Go lite and go Fast !!!!! I think your looking in the rite place . GOOD LUCK !

Posted on: 2012/12/1 17:20

LSF Member
Quote:

wayneo wrote:
Remember you will have this auger for a long time so get what you want !! not what someone wants to sell you! I personaly have a strikmaster 3 HP.laser that the GUY at the sporting goods store said was the best , and it was in it's time , but at 50 lbs - drilling a pile of holes is a full workout !! Go lite and go Fast !!!!! I think your looking in the rite place . GOOD LUCK !

To the OP... you are in the right place... as long as you don't pay any attention to posts like this one above..

Who knows what he is smoking?

Posted on: 2012/12/1 18:37

I wouldn't touch the ION auger. Anyone who has worked outside in the cold with lithium battery hand tools know that when the batteries get cold they drop their charge. Dead battery with no way to recharge? Not for me.

Posted on: 2012/12/1 22:36

Supporting Member
From Albertville / Mille Lacs
I would go with the strikemaster solo 2.5 hp lazer... great all around drill.

Posted on: 2012/12/1 22:47

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page