Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Slabs & Eyes (pics)
LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Crappies have been demonstrating their mid winter patterns and are located in the deeper basins chasing bait around. Checked a few different basins this week on a few lakes and marked fish in almost every basin. The best depth has been that 33-35 FOW range. Fish have been primarily off the bottom 5-10 feet. One thing I have noticed with this recent cold front and weather systems is that the fish have been more prone to hitting smaller baits vs. spoons like they were weeks prior. This slab fell to a Lindy Toad tipped with 2 waxies…

Walleyes have been going strong as well even with the recent weather. Last night we targeted a smaller lake on steep break and did ok with the cold front that is taking place. Jigging rods were active, but tip ups caught more fish. Missed a few and hooked a few as well. This hump we fished came up to 10’ and dropped off very fast. We have also been finding active walleyes during the day roaming deeper mid lake humps in that come up to 19-21 FOW range. Fish have been loaded with small shiners and some even cough them up when taking the hook out. Lindy Frostee spoons in a silver color has been good to “match the hatch.” Good luck out there and don’t be afraid to work the tops of humps during the day.

Here is my good buddy Trevor with a nice one..

Posted on: 2013/1/13 19:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Slabs & Eyes (pics)
Staff Team
From Annandale
Great report and fish!

Posted on: 2013/1/13 19:48

LSF Member
From EGF, MN
Excellent report! Thanks guys!

Posted on: 2013/1/13 22:42

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Thanks guys! Fish do still bite during cold fronts!

Posted on: 2013/1/14 13:18

LSF Member
From Moorhead and all around
Nice job Spense!

Posted on: 2013/1/14 13:22

LSF Member
From First city on the Mississippi
I'm glad to see your posting reports again Spencer ;)

Posted on: 2013/1/14 17:06

LSF Member
From God's green Earth.
Beautiful pics! Thanks for the report. I gotta ask, what is that silver telescopic thingy pointing at the hole in your last pic? Is that a light, and if so, what is it hooked up to?

Posted on: 2013/1/14 17:58

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Quote:

CanopySam wrote:
Beautiful pics! Thanks for the report. I gotta ask, what is that silver telescopic thingy pointing at the hole in your last pic? Is that a light, and if so, what is it hooked up to?

Its a Vexilar Flex light made by Vexilar and mounts directly to the unit by a wing nut. Alligator clips are used to power it directly to the battery. Nice for lighting up the hole.

Posted on: 2013/1/14 20:57

LSF Member
From God's green Earth.
I kinda thought that's what it was. Very cool, and I bet it does work well in low light. Thanks. It would be really nice to have some direct light in the hole at night!

Don't suppose you know if Marcum makes one of those? :)

Posted on: 2013/1/15 21:26

LSF Member
don't know if marcum makes them but you can use the vex one on the marcum find a mounting spot and hook up to the batt

Posted on: 2013/1/16 13:42

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page