Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 »

Re: Grindstone Lake Ice Fishing
LSF Member
From Sandstone
Reinhard, I need to fish this lake with you again. From the south shore it looks like the lake has finally locked up but it doesn't look like anyone has been out at all. I would imagine the ice is still pretty thin all over the lake. The sub zero temps this weekend and through this week should help out a lot.

I would love to learn where to find the lakers and how to fish for them.

Posted on: 2017/12/26 11:06

LSF Member
From andover
Ya, I'll be there after opening weekend. I'll let you know when I'm going. Still have your number. Last year I had a group of lakers come under my portable in 4 feet of water which was crazy. Nabed a 4 pounder. good luck.

Posted on: 2017/12/27 4:52

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Was up last night and checked the ice on grindstone about 4- 5 inches on south side of lake. North end is about the same. Should be good for opener. Good luck this year!

Posted on: 2017/12/27 13:44

LSF Member
From andover
Thanks Archer!! great report. The west side of the lake freezes first but it's nice that the lake is covered and now building ice. good luck.

Posted on: 2017/12/27 15:12

LSF Member
What is the ice looking like for this weekend?

Posted on: 1/10 14:25:59

LSF Member
From cloquet, mn
I love the site, I was on my navionics last night looking for close lakes ( I live in cloquet ), and found grindstone. After hours of trying to call baitshops and dnt to find out the ice thickness, all I had to do was go on this website. I'll be fishing there this Saturday, was wondering were do I launch from the dnt website says there's a dnt access on the nw side of the lake. Any advice or anything would be great, I'm taking my son out fishing for trout also so I don't wanna ruin his day and get skunked. The U.S. in advance

Posted on: 1/10 17:49:15

LSF Member
From Ogilvie mn
I'm heading out their for the first time Saturday... just curious how busy it gets out their on opener?

Posted on: 1/10 20:32:16

LSF Member
From mora mn
It can get pretty busy opening day.

Posted on: 1/11 9:56:04

LSF Member
From andover
Yes it can be busy for sure on opener. First of all make sure the ice is safe for truck travel. This is not like any other lake. It's very deep so it freezes last. It may have 10 inches for example near shore but not out farther. For rainbows the fish will be for the most part in 10 feet or less so no need to go deeper. I caught a 4 pound laker last year in 4 feet of water. Put a tip out also for some big pike that roam there. I won't go till next week. Going to be a cold opener so it may not be that busy. Remember to have a trout licence with you if you are going to keep trout. good luck.

Posted on: 1/11 10:30:31

LSF Member
From Ogilvie mn
I can't seem to find any info on special regulations for this lake. For trout lakes can't you only use 1 line and can't use minnows? But I see people saying they use minnows and more then one line on grindstone... and yeah I'll be cautiously using a snowmobile out their.

Posted on: 1/11 20:30:51

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page