Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11)

Re: Grindstone Lake Ice Fishing
LSF Member
From Como
One line only applies to designated trout lakes and/or streams. Grindstone is not a designated trout lake which mean you can use 2 lines and live baits. The trout regs are on page 23 of the booklet. Good luck

Posted on: 1/11 23:06:51

LSF Member
Quote:

bligneel wrote:
I can't seem to find any info on special regulations for this lake. For trout lakes can't you only use 1 line and can't use minnows? But I see people saying they use minnows and more then one line on grindstone... and yeah I'll be cautiously using a snowmobile out their.

You are correct about refs, but those refs apply to designated trout lakes and grindstone isnít.

Posted on: 1/12 7:29:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Ogilvie mn
Oh I thought every lake with trout in it was a des8gnated trout lake! Thanks guys!

Posted on: 1/12 9:38:13

LSF Member
I personally think tiny little crappie minnows are the absolute best bait for rainbow trout! Just let them dangle a few inches below the ice and your good.

Anyone use frozen smelt on tip ups here? Was planning on just using suckers next week, but if one out performs the other, that would be nice. Not sure about the legality of grocery store smelt...do any local bait shops sell smelt?

Posted on: 1/12 11:59:55

LSF Member
From Como
Grindstone has smelt too. Just look for them suspended between 15-30 ft of water. The northeast bay (smelt hole) is popular for smelt fishing. That way u will have a live smelt instead of a frozen one .

Posted on: 1/12 15:23:16

LSF Member
From Sandstone
Current ice report is between 5" and 10" depending where you are on the lake and how deep the water is. Be safe! We had between 1" - 3" of new snow yesterday depending on where you are and how much the wind blew it around.

There is a DNR boat launch on the NW side of the lake and it will be packed as opener is crazy with people first thing in the morning Sat and Sun.

There is also access to the lake by the red barn along the west side of the lake which is where a lot of folks go out that want to fish the north end. This is privately owned property but he seems to allow people to use it to access the lake during ice season.

There will also be quite a few people fishing the south end off of Grindstone lake road.

Where ever you decide to park and walk out from, be safe and please be courteous. The road that leads to the access is very narrow (single car width at points) so you need to take it slow.

I'll be out there on Sat for a couple of hours anyway and then again the following weekend more than likely at some point.

Have fun and good luck.

Posted on: 1/12 16:05:00

LSF Member
From Sandstone
I made it out this afternoon on the SW side of the lake. I was in about 5 - 6 feet of water and had one miss. There is 15" of ice where I was but there were folks driving in the center of the lake. I was waiting for them to go through.

If I get out there next weekend I will go out a little deeper.

Posted on: 1/13 16:49:56

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page