Re: Grindstone Lake Ice Fishing
LSF Member
From vadnais heights
I'm loading up the boat as we speak!!!! Lol Jk

Posted on: 2016/9/15 8:39

LSF Member
From andover
That may of been Carl's spot but by no means is it secret anymore. The poster was just telling a story about a good man who knew that lake better than any of us. Back then we had some way's of finding that spot but I knew about that spot many years ago. Found it by accident while trolling over it with back then a paper graph. had 5 big hooks on that graph while going overr it. Still have that roll.

With electronics now and the various GPS settings and countour maps and other divices, Anyone can find any location that looks great on that lake and every other lake. There is still one thing we havent invented yet. That is a guarenteed method of catching fish on every given day even when many fish are present. I've had good days there and bad days there. I know where a lot of good spots are on that lake, but seeing and catching are two things I would like to master. good luck.

Posted on: 2016/9/15 11:42

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Millions... HA!

Posted on: 2016/9/15 16:43

LSF Member
From andover
j88mph you are right. this talk at times about someone raiding some secret spot is heard a lot on site's such as this. Grindstone is unique for anglers drawn there and quickly giving up. Not your typical lake for sure. You are blessed in my opinion to be able to have someone who has property on this lake and able to experiment different way's to figure this lake out.

I have yet to see this lake "crowded" or even close to it. Opener is busy and so is hard water at time's but the remainder of the lake you could be alone on the lake. I remember some time ago I was given a hard time by someone saying that I shouldn't spotlight this lake. They are going to fish the lake out he said. LOL. Never will, not even close. Most folks are out for walleye, and this is not the place to go to for them. Rainbows and browns along with lakers are put and take. No natural reproduction for rainbows and browns although the browns still grow to good suze [former state record came from there caught by Carl]. Lakers have minor natural reproduction.

Bottom line is you will still have to catch them just lake any other lake. I have fished the lake since the early 70's, every year. I have caught my largest crappie there [17 inches] and my largest smallmouth there [6 pounds]. But it took many years and trying different stuff until I finally got them. Now I know where to try for them but if I was some so called pro fisherman I would have caught many more like them. Some close but never to this point to top them. Don't really care. Love trying for them. Al Linder once said that this one of the toughest lake's he has ever fished. good luck.

Posted on: 2016/9/15 18:33

LSF Member
From central mn/ l.o.t.w
Linder.....lol the only place he can catch fish now days is Canada

Posted on: 2016/9/16 7:31

LSF Member
From andover
TW, Linder is a good man. I have met him a few times over years. He has also been to our church a few times. Very religious man and a great speaker. He has fished many years since he was a kid, just like probably you and certainly me. One difference is he used his talents and became a success in time. It wasn't easy. I think he can catch fish anywhere, and just like me and you, he doesn't all the time. Folks that have these shows will go where the chances of activity is best. good luck.

Posted on: 2016/9/16 15:43

LSF Member
From central mn/ l.o.t.w
The only problem I have with him is that a certain MN organization seems to think he is qualified to make some big decisions about certain lakes......

Posted on: 2016/9/16 15:56

LSF Member
From andover
Don't really know about that issue. He is just one voice of course and he is not or should not make any decisions about any lake. Give advice yes. good luck.

Posted on: 2016/9/16 16:58

LSF Member
From ER
How's the ice coming along on grindstone this year?

Posted on: 2016/12/16 20:00

LSF Member
From andover
I'd like to know that as well. Grindstone is one of the last lakes to freeze up. Hope there will be enough ice by trout opener. good luck.

Posted on: 2016/12/17 9:24

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page