Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Mr. heater cooker problems
LSF Member
From Cottage Grove, MN
I own 2 of these and both are having issues. One will light fine but once I release the start up lever/button it goes out. The other one (been used 2 or 3 times) is not getting enough gas and will only light on high (not getting enough gas on low and medium) and give off hardly any heat. Can anyone give me suggestions on fixing these issues? Thanks

Posted on: 2013/1/21 14:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Mr. heater cooker problems
LSF Member
From Wahkon,MN
Thermocouple line broken on the one that lights but goes out when you release the button. ( I taped mu button down BC im sick of the line breaking but this does strike safety concerns with some...)

Google thermocouples and learn how they work. I would suspect you will help further problems as well.

With the one that only burns on high I would check how far the jet is screwed onto the Venturi port, I suspect it is not drawing enough air with the fuel.
OR the Jet is clogged
OR the L M H know is defective
OR the tank valve is restricting or poor fuel flow from fuel source.

Lots of things to look for but tough to know what to look for if you do not know exactly how and why these heaters work the way they do.

If you are up by Mille Lacs I could take a look at them. Ive been running the same cooker/heater since 98' repairing as I go.

Posted on: 2013/1/21 14:36

Re: Mr. heater cooker problems
LSF Member
From Crosby, MN
u can go to there web site have troubleshooting and solutions help me out mine was just dirty

Posted on: 2013/1/21 19:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page