Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Spring walleye
LSF Member
From Bemidji
Thanks for the information guys. I think that the river in town is the place I will try for opener.

I talked to another girl at work and she did not think it would be safe for me go to Red Lake by myself and questioned if I could fish there legally.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 14:40

LSF Member
There is nothing unsafe about going to Red Lake. The only portion of the lake that you can legally fish is off the reservation. From Bemidji you don't even have to drive through the reservation to get there. To fish from shore on Upper Red Lake you go to Waskish, MN and probably fish from one of the docks at Big Bog State Recreation area. You'd actually be fishing the Tamarack river, right where it runs into the Lake. I'd say its about as safe as visiting any State Park in Minnesota. Depending on the spring, fishing on the river there can be fantastic.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 14:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
One more spot is in Park Rapids on the fishhook river you can fish right by the fishery's building in town they dump the extra fish from the ponds onsite and the tanks in the building into the river there. You can catch alot of walleyes in the spring there plus you never what else I have seen Musky, Bass , Panfish, even a trout once in a great while plus if you drive around the south part of Park Rapids the River crossing roads at a copule of spots good luck!!!

Posted on: 2013/3/22 17:07

LSF Member
From North Central MN
Quote:

Chrisg1969 wrote:
One more spot is in Park Rapids on the fishhook river you can fish right by the fishery's building in town they dump the extra fish from the ponds onsite and the tanks in the building into the river there. You can catch alot of walleyes in the spring there plus you never what else I have seen Musky, Bass , Panfish, even a trout once in a great while plus if you drive around the south part of Park Rapids the River crossing roads at a copule of spots good luck!!!

Never heard of the fisheries dumping any extra fish in the river but I have heard stranger things from the DNR. If you do fish any spot on the Fishhook River on the opener be prepared for combat fishing. Wall to wall and shoulder to shoulder if the fish are there and biting. Good Luck

Posted on: 2013/3/23 10:27

LSF Member
From North Central MN
I would suggest that no matter where you go find a fishing partner and go together.... ya never know what might happen or who you might run into. Just saying......

Posted on: 2013/3/23 10:30

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page