Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Jerk Chicken
LSF Member
From St. Paul, Hackensack-Longville-Leech
walternator- Thanks and good to hear! I will be making another batch for our group at our cabin on opener, I am going to try and locate Bonnet peppers but if I cant find em I will bump up the habeneros as I like it spicy as well. I will definitely be trying the yogurt sauce with it, sounds good and like you said will help bring the heat down for those who don't like as much spice....small world I live down the street from Muddy Pig- great beer selection but I havnt ate there yet, will have to give it a try

Posted on: 2013/5/1 15:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pimento wood is at pimentowood.com and at Kitchen Window

Posted on: 2013/5/2 12:00

LSF Member
Quote:

Dove wrote:
Pimento wood is at pimentowood.com and at Kitchen Window

Awesome thanks!!! there is a corner store carribean market that I know of that I am going to see if they have the bonnet peppers and wood chips...otherwise I will be stopping at kitchen window to grab some, they also have the pimento planks (2 for $19) which seems a little steep but there prices were the same for wood chips ad the planks were cheaper than online plus no shipping costs

Posted on: 2013/5/2 14:46

LSF Member
From Hastings MN, Siren WI
Quote:

Dove wrote:
Pimento wood is at www.pimentowood.com and at Kitchen Window

Thanks Dove. This is what web sight I actually ordered from before. BBQS don't have the chips that I've used in the past, only charcoal/wood.

WELCOME to LSF!

Posted on: 2013/5/2 17:55

LSF Member
Made it for opener this wknd.....my brother had a $10 off coupon and grabbed a few things at kitchen window so had him grab the wood chips, wow did that help! Even better, bumped it up to 7 habenero this time which I think was the right amount but also prefer it spicy...made some mango rice and a fiesta corn recipe I made up (in the rib side dish thread), and fresh squeezed lime juice and gin. Good way to end a wknd on the water

Attach file:

jpg  Jerk Chicken.jpg (1,066.16 KB)
13453_5194457caf836.jpg 3264X1840 px

Posted on: 2013/5/15 21:33

LSF Member
From andover
You know how to end the day with that meal Buzz!!! have to go back to the rib thread for the corn recipe. [side note: i made 7 racks of baby backs for mothers day. one no sauce, 3 your sauce, 3 my sauce. everyone liked them. so i had your sauce and my sauce left over. so what do i do? i mixed them both together. awesome! ]good luck.

Posted on: 2013/5/16 6:50

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
Quote:

Reinhard wrote:
You know how to end the day with that meal Buzz!!! have to go back to the rib thread for the corn recipe. [side note: i made 7 racks of baby backs for mothers day. one no sauce, 3 your sauce, 3 my sauce. everyone liked them. so i had your sauce and my sauce left over. so what do i do? i mixed them both together. awesome! ]good luck.

Fiesta Corn

5-6 Ears of corn
1-2 Serrano peppers
around 2/3 cup cilantro
1 lime
Chilli powder

Grill corn then cut off the cob or you can cut off the cob and char in a cast iron pan with some olive oil. add chopped peppers and cilantro. Season with Chilli powder to liking. Squeeze 1 lime into and stir. Can be served either warm or cold, very simple but one of my favorite side dishes for the summer. I bet you made those moms happy happy, great idea for left over sauce

Posted on: 2013/5/16 8:44

LSF Member
From andover
Thanks for the recipe!! definatly will do t his. good luck.

Posted on: 2013/5/16 8:48

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
From South Metro
That chicken looks very good CaughtABuzz! I will have to try your scratch recipe one of these days. I wasn't trying to hijack your thread with the Walkerswoods seasoning post. It's nice to see others that enjoy Jerk Chicken!

Posted on: 2013/5/16 9:49

LSF Member
From South Metro
Here's a Jerk recipe that we make that everyone enjoys.

(1) Package of Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast
(1/2) Cup of Teriyaki Sauce
(1/2) Cup of Soy Sauce
(1) tablespoon Jerk Seasoning (Walkerswoods)
** More or less for spice level - I like more!

Leave the breast whole and combine with Teriyaki/Soy Sauce/Jerk Seasoning. Let this marinade overnight in the fridge. You can either grill or smoke the chicken. We prefer to smoke the chicken in a smoker over medium heat for a few hours.

(1) Package of Angel Hair Pasta
(1) Container of Bruschetta
(1) Container of Feta Cheese

Once the chicken is done, cut it into strips and put aside.

Cook pasta and drain.

Combine pasta, chicken, bruschetta, and feta cheese.

Toss until everything is evenly distributed.

Enjoy!

Posted on: 2013/5/16 10:03

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page