Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: OSAKIS
LSF Member
From Lake Osakis, MN
Quote:

ItsASow wrote:
RetiredOnOsakis - My family is new to the lake and was surprised with all the grassy weeds growing off the bottom. We heard that it was much thicker than usual, maybe due to fertilizer run off?

Was that amount of weed growth typical for what you've experienced? Miller Bay was pretty much weeds throughout.

I have been coming up here since 1996 and became full time six years ago. Last summer is the thickest the weeds have ever been around my dock. I think it is due to the water clarity more than the run off. The water has gotten a lot clearer than it was years ago.

Posted on: 2013/5/9 8:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Quote:

I have been coming up here since 1996 and became full time six years ago. Last summer is the thickest the weeds have ever been around my dock. I think it is due to the water clarity more than the run off. The water has gotten a lot clearer than it was years ago.

It might also have had something to do with the light ice cover from last winter, the early ice out, and the warm temperatures. I'm not an expert, but that seems like the perfect combination for weed growth.

Posted on: 2013/5/9 13:43

LSF Member
If the ice does break up on the north end, I'm not even sure you could get a boat down the Battle Point access. The last I saw it (Sunday afternoon), it was pretty banged up.

Posted on: 2013/5/9 13:44

LSF Member
Thanks guys for your reply. I really hope to learn the lake a bit better this year. I had spotty luck at best fishing it last year. I'd love to buy you a beer sometime and pick your brain on some of the best spots/techniques to fish Osakis.

Posted on: 2013/5/9 14:36

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page