Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Swim ladder choices
LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
Looking to add a somewhat permanent swim ladder on my 2005 Lund 1700 Explorer SS and looking for advice.

I have been using the hang on type which has not been working well. The support legs are too short so when it hangs in the water due to the curve of the hull the ladder ends up and at awkward angle that makes it hard to climb. That and because it swings so much it is starting to wear the paint.

I am looking at 2 different options and want to see if anyone else has tried these. Both are transom mounting.

First is the Garelick 19874 Gull Wing Boarding Ladder Aluminum ladder. http://www.starmarinedepot.com/Garelick+19874+Gull+Wing+Boarding+Ladder+Aluminum.html?gclid=COqA34ikqrgCFUhgMgodql4A6g. I like this option because there is a permanent mounting point on the transom and the ladder portion is removable. Just don't know how well its function will be for kids getting in and out.

The second option is Outboard Transom Platform & Telescoping Ladder http://www.garelick.com/Outboard-Transom-Platform-Telescoping-Ladder. Looks like it would be easier for kids to get in and out of the boat but not too fond of the permanent mounting.

Open to other ideas and suggestions if anyone has any.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2013/7/12 10:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Swim ladder choices
LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
Anyone?

Posted on: 2013/7/13 20:05

LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
Guess nobody has swim ladders on their boats.

Posted on: 2013/7/21 23:40

LSF Member

Posted on: 2013/7/22 8:14

LSF Member
From Lk Minnetonka
Send you a PM Todd to see if you have any pics of ladder on your boat. I'm choosing between the Cabelas 2 or 3 step. Just think the 3 step may stick up to high.

Posted on: 2014/4/13 12:13

LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
I have been looking at the Garelick swim ladders. I am close to pulling the trigger on a folding removable transom mount as I want to be able to remove it when I am not swimming.

http://www.go2marine.com/product/97729F/folding-boarding-ladders-gull-wing-step-stainless-steel.html

Posted on: 2014/4/13 14:42

LSF Member
From South Metro
Any new opinions on the topic? Been thinking of putting one of some type on a crestliner sportfish. Just looking to see if anyone had anything new to say...

SD

Posted on: 4/2 9:18:35

LSF Member
From Mtka, Winnie
This is the one I got for my Crestliner SF. Really like the platform as I can put a bucket on it when transferring minnows back to the truck after fishing or getting in and out of the boat. Think the have a telescoping ladder model, too.
http://trophy1802.yolasite.com/swim-step.php

Posted on: 4/2 10:04:05

LSF Member
From South Metro
Was thinking of a plain telescopic​ ladder, but kinda like the platform idea. Give kids a spot to drip off before bringing extra water onboard!

SD

Posted on: 4/2 10:11:47

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page