Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Deer processing
LSF Member
I just found out the place I usually drop my deer off for processing isn't open on Sundays until rifle season opens. (Angus meat market) it's still pretty hot out and I don't have a big freezer. Anyone have any suggestions for if I get lucky and bag one this weekend? (Other than "do it yourself", id screw that up something fierce.)
Usually id let it hang for another day but its way too warm out for that.

Posted on: 2013/9/13 17:45

Re: Deer processing
LSF Member
From Crystal, MN

Posted on: 2013/9/13 20:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Hugo, MN
Do you hunt north of the cities? If you do, I have had very good luck with a place here in Hugo called Grundhofer's Meats right on 61 just north of town. You may want to call them first to make sure, though. I just got back from Canada and haven't been around town much yet.

Posted on: 2013/9/13 20:39

LSF Member
From Forest Lake... and Eagan
Chisago meats... call and talk to Debbie; they accomidate drop off times very nicely for people!

Posted on: 2013/9/14 8:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Central Minnesota/Big Lake
If you can't get it in for process right away. Hang it with 20/30 lbs of ice stuffed in the cavity and wrap it with a blanket. If you know how to remove the hide, do that as well. Good luck.

Posted on: 2013/9/14 8:50

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page