Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Melissa Bachman
LSF Member
From Rochester, l.lake road, chisago co.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/MelissaBachmanSupporters

I typically don't do the Facebook stuff that much, nor promote "likes" on much of anything, but it is worth a little bit of your time to see how these cyber terrorists are harassing a home state gal in the link above (this is a supportive site for her and not spam).

Truth be told I really don't care about Lion hunting such as she did, nor the impact on the local area or what is true or false. What I really see out of this is a bunch of hate on multiple pages (including death threats) to someone who could be our daughters or sons taking their picture with a harvested animal. They have also made every possible address/phone number that she has listed in this state public knowledge for more harassment. At what point is this craziness going to run over onto us and future generations of hunters?

I don't care if you like the page or not, just give it a look if you have a Facebook account, you will be shocked at the comments.

Posted on: 2013/11/22 9:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Melissa Bachman
LSF Member
Great post lex. Many of the responses to this young woman's perfectly legal hunt are downright ridiculous and despicable. Sportsman should speak up in cases like this to let folks knows just how asinine this treatment of a person is. It unbelievable to me that people can hold an animal in such high regard while at the same time acting so abusive towards a human being.

Posted on: 2013/11/22 10:06
Jesus asked, “Children, do you have any fish?” They answered “No.” He said to them, “Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.” So they cast it, and now they were not able to haul it in, because of the quantity of fish.

LSF Member
I saw this the other day after reading an article about her.

Its amazing how tough people can act while on the internet and its sad to see she's receiving so much hate.

I understand why some people disagree with her actions and lifestyle. Personally I don't understand traveling all over the world simply to collect a pile of dead animals. I enjoy hunting as much as the next guy but for me its not about raking up the kills like it seems to be with her.

While I don't understand her actions nor fully agree with them I still can't imagine people treating her the way that they do. I guess some people lack the ability to disagree in a civil and rational capacity.

Posted on: 2013/11/22 10:08

LSF Member
From Rochester, l.lake road, chisago co.
Like any of these movements there is a good intention (I assume saving lions), but the people that take to stalking/harassing/calling her a $unt and every other word far outweigh any change they plan on implementing.

It is very apparent most of these countries these people are commenting from are so far detached (generations I assume) from any type of hunting that they really just don't understand and follow blindly like sheep chasing after a person they feel is destroying every endangered animal on the planet.

Posted on: 2013/11/22 10:29

LSF Member
From austin mn
I just don't get the big uproar? I have seen many pics with harvested lions before, and watched the hunts on tv. Why Is everyone picking on her for this?

Posted on: 2013/11/22 11:46

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
Quote:

mpeck2892 wrote:
I just don't get the big uproar? I have seen many pics with harvested lions before, and watched the hunts on tv. Why Is everyone picking on her for this?

Were you trying to be funny with the "big uproar" because I got a pretty good laugh out of it. I mean she's pictured with a lion and they roar or at least this one used too.

Anyway, this is just typical behavior from people who feel it is their right or duty to tell other people to be more tolerant, being intolerant of this woman or anyone who doesn't act or think like they do. Doesn't matter if we think it is right or wrong because she did everything legal.

Posted on: 2013/11/22 12:00

LSF Member
From maplehood
Damm hippies. Poachers are the real problem. I think it's a rather nice trophy taken legally.

Posted on: 2013/11/23 9:45

Hunting Field Staff
From Iron Range.
In all honesty, I am not concerned with the management and hunting methods on other continents. I just don't feel that it is any of my business. If they don't tell us how to manage deer and walleyes, we shouldn't be concerned with their lion management.

Good for her on her accomplishments....and I will continue on with my life

Posted on: 2013/11/23 10:14

LSF Member
Quote:

mpeck2892 wrote:

This has nothing to do with saving lions or anything like that. It is purely political, nothing more nothing less!!

ClearCreek

Posted on: 2013/11/23 10:29

LSF Member
From Maplewood, MN... Emily, MN
Quote:

Shortline wrote:
In all honesty, I am not concerned with the management and hunting methods on other continents. I just don't feel that it is any of my business. If they don't tell us how to manage deer and walleyes, we shouldn't be concerned with their lion management.

Good for her on her accomplishments....and I will continue on with my life

100% agree on this

Posted on: 2013/11/23 12:20

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page