Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Forest Lake on Ice
LSF Member
I got out on 1st lake 100 yrds from town. Fished outer weed edge in 8 FOW. Lot's of pan fish. Had the camera on, but saw no bigger fins. Ice is 4-5". The lake shuts down after sunset.

Posted on: 2013/12/5 16:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Forest Lake on Ice
LSF Member
Went out again this morning near the 1st lake channel. Ice is 12" and very solid. that's the fastest I've ever seen ice build. Fished 11 FOW, caught nothin' but perch and saw 1 nice waldo on the camera.

Posted on: 2013/12/9 14:43

LSF Member
I will be heading to FL on Sunday morning. Hopefully to find some perch and eyes.

Can anyone give me some suggestion on which lake to fish? Also, where is the best place to walk out of on lakes 2 or 3? I can get out on 1 easy, but never been on 2 or 3. Also any suggestions for depth and area would be greatly appreciated, although I know everyone's hot spots are top secret!

Thanks!

Posted on: 2013/12/12 12:21

LSF Member
walking out onto 2-3 is a little tricky. Yes you can walk out on he lake 2 access (willow point) but thats where everyone else is and usually only small crappies coming out of there, maybe occasionally northern/walleye. You can walk out from lake 2 access and go to the right around willow point theres a hole there usually does ok and little less people. Lake 3 is a long walk to anywhere thats worth a damn

Posted on: 2013/12/12 12:28

LSF Member
I was hittin willow pretty hard early when there was 5" of ice and pulled a 25.5" eye out (released), like previously stated lot of small crappies. Best luck i've been having is getting away from people and work the edges of deeper holes we were in about 18.5'. Tuesday a buddy and me went out and pulled a eater walleye and a few nice crappies biggest being 12" and average of about 9" but couldn't stay very mobile because of the temperatures. Also caught a 30" pike (released).

Posted on: 2013/12/12 23:25

LSF Member
From Champlin, Ottertail
Good to hear the ice is improving. I will be putting the house out there on Saturday, lake one I think to start. Pulling with atv of course.

Posted on: 2013/12/13 0:26

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page