Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 11 »

Re: Waconia
LSF Member
From Jordan, MN
Cedar, just northeast of New Prague has a good crappie bite on it.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 11:54

LSF Member
Thanks Draven,

Have you fished it? Can you point me in a general direction or shall I just look for where the grouping of house are?

Posted on: 2013/12/26 12:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Jordan, MN
I typically fish the north side, off of county road 64, straight east of the landing. You'll see houses in the area.

(Sorry to hijack the thread.)

Posted on: 2013/12/26 13:11

LSF Member
From SW Metro & Stevens Point, WI
I visited Waconia today to scout conditions for out wheel house. The main (NE) public access has been plowed and can be used. Still 2-4" sloppy snow cover but manageable. Ice heave along shore but knocked down at access and good to cross. I walked a 1/2 mile line straight out to where I want to put my house and found 13-18" of ice along the way. Of 8 holes; 7 were 15-18" and 1 was 13" - that spot was solid clear black ice while the others had 1-3" of white cloudy ice on top. 4" snow cover at most along the way.

Lots of houses in Waconia Bay. In Towne said their roads have some areas of as little as 10" of ice. Areas around the reefs (Pillsbury/Center) supposedly have areas of less so be cautious. I did not look at vehicle traffic over there but could see the city of houses from the east side...

Posted on: 2013/12/26 21:55

LSF Member
From Carver County / Ottertail County
thanks for the info!!! goin out next couple of days for some evening eyes.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 22:05

Chevy, Polaris, John Deere

LSF Member
No problem! I've got a family Christmas tomorrow night but man it would be the night to be out there! Going to try and sneak out for the sunset bite but will have to ditch by 5:30 if I do.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 22:28

LSF Member
On the east side of the lake yesterday. Drove my 1/2 ton truck out and set the portable up on 16" of clear black ice. In the area I've been checking on the east side it' all 14-18" of ice, some of which is 100% clear black ice while some has up to 5" of white cloudy frozen ice on the top. As of yesterday afternoon the snow cover really got knocked down.

Trying to avoid the crowds of the south and west sides this year by working new areas. Hope to pull the fishhouse out sometime early this week.

Posted on: 2013/12/29 14:22

LSF Member
From Chaska,MN
Ive never fished waconia and wondering ice conditions from east and south access plus north side of island. Is there any springs I should be worried about? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted on: 2013/12/29 22:08

LSF Member
From NE Wright County
JLundborg, I hear ya on trying to avoid the crowds. I plan on hitting Waconia for the first time on New Years Eve. I always fish the east side. By chance, does anyone know if I can safely drive from In Towne to Andersons Reef? Otherwise I will try Cemetary.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 1:38

LSF Member
I do not believe that In Towne is sending anyone to Anderson's. However, I drove to Anderson's from the east side access and it was all good.

The lake does have numerous springs. I can not vouch for the south or west side as I haven't been there. But from the east side I have found 13-18" of ice where I am traveling.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 9:09

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 11 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page