Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 4 »

Zipple Bay Report
LSF Member
From Zipple Bay & Annandale
Fished Thursday thru Sunday AM, fishing was very slow, mostly small fish.
Fished 26-30 fow, didn't seem to mater.

Posted on: 1/12 11:20:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Zipple Bay Report
LSF Member
From Randall, Mn
We were out on Sauger and in 28 fow We did okay on Friday but Saturday and today were very slow. I did catch a 29 at 6 am on Saturday morning. I can't wait to get back up there.

Posted on: 1/12 17:31:49

LSF Member
From cottage grove mn
Fished out of Zippel Bay resort and i have to say i wasnt impressed we got out to day house only to find our holes were not drilled luckily we never leave home without an auger fishing was slow (not their fault) second day we had a propane leak and took multiple long distance calls to get it switched out they just seemed to drive by our house waiting for it to explode.Only positve was Outpost cabin was awesome and got to hangout with buddies and fish.Wont be making a return trip to Zippel

Posted on: 1/16 17:17:51

LSF Member
From Coon Crapids
Thanks for the report Gfunk. I'm headed up to Zipple resort this Sunday. Hopefully we won't have the same problems you had. If so though.....I'll make sure I never go back either.

Posted on: 1/16 17:25:40

LSF Member
From Coon Rapids, MN
Been to Zipple twice now, last season and three seasons ago. I have no plans to return. 6-8 of us each time. They were always happy to take our money, but never once tried to make our trip better. They never checked on us and you could tell they couldn't possibly care less if we caught fish or not. Their log cabins are excellent, but their customer service is the worst I've ever seen! Far too many other resorts on LOW to choose from to put up with their bad service.

Posted on: 1/16 17:44:41

LSF Member
Quote:

founts01 wrote:
Been to Zipple twice now, last season and three seasons ago. I have no plans to return. 6-8 of us each time. They were always happy to take our money, but never once tried to make our trip better. They never checked on us and you could tell they couldn't possibly care less if we caught fish or not. Their log cabins are excellent, but their customer service is the worst I've ever seen! Far too many other resorts on LOW to choose from to put up with their bad service.

Sorry to hear you had some bad experiences. We go every year and have had great customer service each time. They always have had someone check in on us a couple times a day. My group really likes Zipple and go every year. We have had some slow bites and the resort would try to put us on some fish by letting us try different day houses and one time moved our sleeper too. Although with a group size of 6 to 8, options are going to be limited due to the number of shacks they have that size.

I wanted to share a brief experience dealing with them. I had a group of 6 coming up and a family member had a serious medical condition requiring hospitalization in the i.c.u. I had no choice but to cancel my reservations for the entire group last minute. They could have justifiably kept my deposit and I wasnt sure what to expect when I called. The owner was so gracious and understanding she wished us well and said no worries on the deposit they wouldnt charge us. So in my opinion they aren't just out to grab your money.

Posted on: 1/17 11:27:15

LSF Member
From God's green Earth.
Said this many times in other threads, but I'd really encourage everyone to try and put themselves in these resort owner's shoes before slamming them publicly on a forum that can be seen by the entire world!

Nick and Deanna are really great people. I've known them, and stayed at their resort for many years. Even stayed at the outpost cabin a few years back and absolutely loved it!

Guys and gals, this time of year they are BUSY!!!! Extremely busy! I know Nick and Deanna are both up every morning well before sun-up, and they are typically the last to go back to bed at the end of the day. They, and their staff all but work their fingers to the bone trying to make all their clients happy and content.

A few bad experiences, by a select few groups of people, shouldn't dissuade people from realizing there are thousands of positive reports that Zipple Bay Resort gets from very satisfied customers each year.

They (the owners) cannot be in all places at all times, and they have to rely on their staff to help everyone (usually a hundred or more people at a time) with everything that they need. Breakdowns, weather, cleaning and caring for dozens of cabins, dozens of fish houses, cooking food, maintaining inventory, etc., etc., etc. The list NEVER ends!

So next time you feel like slamming a great resort for a less then perfect stay, try to be a little empathetic of their situation first. They're doing the best they can. It's exhausting, but they keep at it no matter what the day brings.

I know I couldn't, or wouldn't even try to do what they do. So when they don't serve me to my utmost satisfaction, I try to give them a little grace and mercy. They run a great resort, with very good service. I won't ever hesitate to book a stay with them in the future. I know and trust they will always do their absolute best to provide me with a fun and relaxing trip.

Posted on: 1/17 12:29:07

LSF Member
Quote:

CanopySam wrote:
Said this many times in other threads, but I'd really encourage everyone to try and put themselves in these resort owner's shoes before slamming them publicly on a forum that can be seen by the entire world!

Nick and Deanna are really great people. I've known them, and stayed at their resort for many years. Even stayed at the outpost cabin a few years back and absolutely loved it!

Guys and gals, this time of year they are BUSY!!!! Extremely busy! I know Nick and Deanna are both up every morning well before sun-up, and they are typically the last to go back to bed at the end of the day. They, and their staff all but work their fingers to the bone trying to make all their clients happy and content.

A few bad experiences, by a select few groups of people, shouldn't dissuade people from realizing there are thousands of positive reports that Zipple Bay Resort gets from very satisfied customers each year.

They (the owners) cannot be in all places at all times, and they have to rely on their staff to help everyone (usually a hundred or more people at a time) with everything that they need. Breakdowns, weather, cleaning and caring for dozens of cabins, dozens of fish houses, cooking food, maintaining inventory, etc., etc., etc. The list NEVER ends!

So next time you feel like slamming a great resort for a less then perfect stay, try to be a little empathetic of their situation first. They're doing the best they can. It's exhausting, but they keep at it no matter what the day brings.

I know I couldn't, or wouldn't even try to do what they do. So when they don't serve me to my utmost satisfaction, I try to give them a little grace and mercy. They run a great resort, with very good service. I won't ever hesitate to book a stay with them in the future. I know and trust they will always do their absolute best to provide me with a fun and relaxing trip.

Very well said Sammy as usual..... That's just the way it goes though. You can't keep everyone happy and those that aren't have just as much right to express themselves as those that are.

Posted on: 1/17 12:52:22

LSF Member
From cottage grove mn
Im not here to bash anyone just expressing my experience evrybody should try various resorts out and make their own decision i will agree Nick is up very early when we arrived at 430am and he was hard at work getting the guys runs lined up at the desk.

Posted on: 1/17 14:49:39

LSF Member
From Zipple Bay & Annandale
That was a very civil discussion RE Zipple Bay.

Meanwhile, how is the fishing today? Any reports?

Posted on: 1/17 16:24:01

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page