Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Crappies
LSF Member
From Bemidji
Made it out this past weekend around Bemidji to go after some slabs. Fished from noon til around 4 and had some pretty decent fishing (best around 2:30). Never pounded them for an extended period of time, but had some 20 minute stretches where they really seemed to bite. Maybe would have had better luck if I could have stayed til dark. Plastics and waxworms seemed to work best, but also had some luck with a buckshot tipped with a minnow head with the bigger more aggressive fish. Fun day of fishing, and had multiple fish getting close to the 14in mark. Most seemed to be around 12in with a handful of smaller ones mixed in. All in all had a blast out there with the nice weather.

Posted on: 2014/1/14 20:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Crappies
LSF Member
From Central Minnesota/Big Lake
to LSF

That sounds like a good day out on the ice, thanks for sharing.

Posted on: 2014/1/14 21:21

You said you've used plastics for crappies. What plastics did you try? I have heard the impulse plastics by northland are the ticket. Sure wish you would have said what lake you were fishing. Wouldn't have been Turtle would it?

Posted on: 2014/1/16 18:21

LSF Member
From Bemidji
I mainly used northlands purple bloodworm actually. Just went and bought a couple other colors today since it seemed to work very well. Tipped it with a waxworm when they would chase but not bite and that seemed to trigger the bite a little better at times. Wish I could help you out with the name of the lake but I can tell you it wasn't turtle. Love to get away from the crowds so I do my best to keep things quiet. Hope the report helped!

Posted on: 2014/1/18 16:44

LSF Member
From First city on the Mississippi
BSUbeaver 12 great job laying the smack down on the Crappies.

Posted on: 2014/1/21 8:46

LSF Member
From Bemidji
Ha Ha people are so hush hush about where they fish its comical. I mean its not like he asked for exact coordinates or anything.

But good Job!!!!!

Posted on: 2014/1/21 16:54

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Quote:

Prickett_smiles wrote:
Ha Ha people are so hush hush about where they fish its comical. I mean its not like he asked for exact coordinates or anything.

But good Job!!!!!

And for good reason ;) he wasn't fishing a big lake like red lake or Bemidji. Small lakes can get ruined quickly..

Posted on: 2014/1/21 17:12

Northcountry Guide Service
Serving the Bemidji Area since 2002
www.northcountryguides.com

651-399-3179

LSF Member
From Bemidji
I agree that people can get a little rediculous about not sharing their hot spots but like eyecrazy said, small lakes can turn into a village quickly via word of mouth.

Posted on: 2014/1/21 20:29

LSF Member
From Grand Rapids
I agree that people can get a little rediculous about not sharing their hot spots but like eyecrazy said, small lakes can turn into a village quickly via word of mouth.

When we went to school there we found a lake that produced great numbers and good size. One roommate opened his mouth to a lot, of people. Long story it was a city out there for the year and was fished out after that.

Posted on: 2014/1/21 20:53

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Quote:

sandys18 wrote:

When we went to school there we found a lake that produced great numbers and good size. One roommate opened his mouth to a lot, of people. Long story it was a city out there for the year and was fished out after that.

Happens way too often, especially for someone to put online.. Put your work in and you will be rewarded.

Posted on: 2014/1/22 13:17

Northcountry Guide Service
Serving the Bemidji Area since 2002
www.northcountryguides.com

651-399-3179

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page