Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 4 ... 9 »

Burger Experiments!
LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
So every time we have burgers on the grill, I like to experiment with mine and use whatever different kinds of spices/seasonings to see if there is a combination that hits home with me. I've been doing this for the better part of a year and tonight I finally came up with a combination that actually tasted decent.....I think!

So here's what I added (all in small/proportionate "dashes")

Pepper
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Ground Nutmeg
Ground Cumin
Ground Red (Cayenne) Pepper

Then threw some onions lightly covered in butter on foil all on the grill and added a slice of cheddar cheese to the burgers before taking them off.

Tasted pretty darn good IMO. Probably didn't need the onion powder and could've gone a little heavier on the Cumin and Ground Red Pepper, but I think now I finally have direction! Can't wait until we do burgers again.

Posted on: 2014/4/5 20:28

Re: Burger Experiments!
LSF Member
I too have been experimenting with hamburgers. About a month ago I bought a burger press and have burgers on the grill at least twice a week. I like to add paprika to the spices that I put on a burger. Never had nutmeg on my burgers yet but probably will try that next time.

Posted on: 2014/4/5 20:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
The last batch I did I took a pound of burger, 2 diced jalapeno peppers, 7 strips of bacon diced and salt and pepper. Mixed all the goodness and put them in my smoker with Apple wood chips. Quite possibly the best burger I have had in my life.

Posted on: 2014/4/5 21:38

LSF Member
From andover
I made some burgers today as well. Stuffed them with cheese. Just sprinkled some kosher salt on the burgers and black pepper. Then put more cheese on top of the burger with tomatoes and romain lettuce. a little mayo and ketchup. So many ways and most are good. I would use nutmeg sparingly because a little goes a long way with that great spice. I'll post some pics later. Looks like a great week to use the grill and the smoker!!. good luck.

Posted on: 2014/4/5 21:43

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
From Grygla MN/Grand Forks

Posted on: 2014/4/6 0:52

LSF Member
Wheat thins are an amazing midnight snack. Paired with a chunk of smoked meat and cheese. .... walking towards the fridge now...

Posted on: 2014/4/6 1:32

Hunting Field Staff
From Iron Range.
I am a big fan of marinating a burger before putting them over the charcoal. Roasted garlic Worcestershire sauce is a new favorite of mine. Season however you prefer, and let them soak up a tablespoon or so each of the sauce..... Wow does that give a nice flavor. Topped with Swiss and maybe some onion..... Getting hungry.

Posted on: 2014/4/6 7:07

Field Staff
From Willmar, MN
We also mix it up when we make burgers. One of my favorites is a bacon, jalapeno, onion, and cheese stuffed burger with some more cheese on top (usually pepperjack). I'm thinking we will have to make burgers soon especially with how nice it is outside.

Posted on: 2014/4/6 9:06

2015 Team Archery Contest Winner
2016 Team Archery Contest Winner

Staff Team
http://www.buystufz.com/?tag=im|sm|bi|gn&a_aid=011

My wife bought me one of these and I believe it was less than 10.00 at wally world. Made some stuffed burgers with shredded cheese and onion but you can put anything you want. It really works well, just make sure you clean it after each burger and it works better. Mushroom and swiss is the next one.......Kirk

Posted on: 2014/4/6 10:11

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From Wright County
One of my favorite quick and easy recipies is adding a packet of Lipton French Onion soup mix to the burgers. 1 packet is good for about 4lbs of burgers.

Posted on: 2014/4/6 10:34

(1) 2 3 4 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page