Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Salmon trip in Algoma Wi.
LSF Member
From Roosevelt, MN
many of you may not know, that over the past 18 or so months, we have been battling some medical issues, that will eventually require surgery. However, because of another LSF member, we were introduced to the United Special Sportsman Alliance, www.childswish.org. They take kids suffering from various illnesses and make dream hunting, fishing, or outdoor experiences available to many.

My 7 year old son was awarded a trip to Algoma Wisconsin to fish for salmon at an event in a couple weeks. He is super excited for this trip! (who am I kidding, so am I!) This seems like a pretty cool opportunity to get to participate in. I will be sure to post pics from our trip once we get back home!

This will be a new experience for all of us going on the trip and the first time we have ever fished on a great lake.. Can anybody give me any tips or hacks that will make the trip most enjoyable?

Posted on: 2014/6/1 17:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Salmon trip in Algoma Wi.
LSF Member
From Central Minnesota/Big Lake
That sounds like a awesome time! I have always wanted to do a trip like that. Hope that you have a great time and pray for the best for your medical issues.

Posted on: 2014/6/1 18:35

LSF Member
From Central MN/Blackhoof
Nothing ruins a trip like motion/sea-sickness, especially for kids. Make sure you have some pediatric friendly anti-emetic (Dramamine etc.), follow the directions and use it.

Bring lots of fun snacks, drinks and something else to keep him occupied. I have a different take on stuff to bring. When my son started, I let him bring his DS, books whatever for when things weren't going hot. It's taken a while but he's learned that the stuff happening outside the blind and/or in the water is way more interesting than the electronics...

Enjoy the trip!

Posted on: 2014/6/1 23:05

LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
clothing layers and rain gear sometimes it can be quite cold on the big waters but be able to change quickly is key. Bring a camera it is so awesome on the great lakes you guys will love it!!

Posted on: 2014/6/2 9:18

2011 Mille Lacs Lake Trolling GTG Champion.

LSF Member
From egf mn
I was out there last year in July for the first time it was a blast Your kid might need a third arm because some of those big boys are hard to real in because the boat don't stop I turned the reel upside down and switched hands reeling them in. Your kid will love pulling them in have fun and good luck

Posted on: 2014/6/2 21:57

LSF Member
all of the above are most-haves. sweatshirt, dramine, lunch. Hope the fishing is red hot. Your arms will be hurting.

Posted on: 2014/6/9 20:49

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page