Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

New to the Rum
LSF Member
Any general advice on fishing the Rum? Just picked up a scanoe and was hoping to float her down from the Itasca area to the Rum River North County Park Access. I've been a lake guy my whole life but decided to try someting new so any advice, suggestions, or ancedotes would be great.

Posted on: 2014/6/4 16:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: New to the Rum
LSF Member
From Out there!
When I was younger we fished it quite a bit. It was a great place to fish and drink beers! We casted Rebel crawfish and rat-l-traps in the rocky rapid areas. Good for smallies. Then we would troll back up with shad rap on any outside curve/turn where it was deeper and catch a few walleyes. Good Luck!

Posted on: 2014/6/4 17:03

LSF Member
From Cambridge
High water on the rum is not the easiest way to learn the rum and right now it is moving.

Posted on: 2014/6/4 18:36

LSF Member
That's what I figured. Hopefully the rivers will come down some over the next couple weeks here.

Posted on: 2014/6/5 10:52

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page