Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Minnesota lake trout questions
LSF Member
Im going to the grand rapids area the end of June. I have never fished fake trout. I see there are a couple small 300 acre lakes that are stocked with lake trout. Whats the best method for fishing these trout?

Posted on: 2014/6/6 5:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Minnesota lake trout questions
LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
When I have done this in Colorado we would get large shank 1 oz jigs and get rabbit fur from a craft shop and cut 3/4" wide strips fold it over the shaft and super glue together, then find your fish typically near a mid lake hump and slow drift raising the jig a foot off bottom and let it fall back to bottom. They typically hit on the fall so when you raise the jig suddenly your rod will come alive. I also run a lindy type set up with a three way swivel and a large sinker with a 3 foot leader to a hook either a live bait rig or a spoon of sorts.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 10:23

Re: Minnesota lake trout questions
LSF Member
3/8 oz. tube jig, Airplane jig, puppet minnnows. I found white to be best. Biggest thing is when you get them to show up on the flasher is to keep whatever jigging motion you were doing the same. Thats what brought them to you and thats what they want. Move throughout the water column dropping and raising quickly but keeping jigging action same. Dont be panfish finicky jigging either, they are fast fish and you cannot out reel a laker.

Posted on: 2015/2/18 12:05

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page