Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Float fishing the Rum River
Does anyone float fish the Rum? I am interested in trying to float a few miles of the Rum to try floating for small mouth bass. I am wondering what water flows/levels would be best and looking for any suggestions on where to get in and out for a short, first time float.

Posted on: 2014/8/1 18:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Float fishing the Rum River
LSF Member
From Cambridge
Anytime the gauge gets below 4' it seems to be pretty good floating. I have fished from Walbo access to the Mississippi. Pick out a stretch and give it a try.

Posted on: 2014/8/1 21:31

Re: Float fishing the Rum River
LSF Member
From Isle/Dayton
Quote:

Billdouglas wrote:
Does anyone float fish the Rum? I am interested in trying to float a few miles of the Rum to try floating for small mouth bass. I am wondering what water flows/levels would be best and looking for any suggestions on where to get in and out for a short, first time float.

Kaitho State Park. Head water of the Rum is some of the best float and fly pole fishng in the state.

Here a link from the MN DnR website: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/mille_lacs_kathio/index.html

Real nice place to get away with the family! worth the stay...161

Posted on: 2014/8/4 19:27

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page