Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Public Thank you & Safety Reminder
Supporting Member
From Bemidji
I need to send out a public thank you to whoever recovered my husbands boat on Sat on Plantangenet.

Now for the safety warning:

As we all know accidents happen when you get to "comfortable" with your equipment. On Sat Dan decided to head out on Plantan to see if he could find a muskie or two. He launched at the access and started to "putt" his way out from shore. For those who don't know, the access at plantan is very shallow for a long ways out. As he's "putting" out he looks at his motor and sees that the intake is clogged and it's not spitting out water. He grabbed a bottom bouncer leans over the motor and falls in. As he fell in his arm got caught in the prop and slashed his arm.

He stands up(being he's only in 3 feet of water) and watchs his boat continue to float away. Looks down at his arm and decides he needs to get to the ER immediatly. He wades back to shore where an "older" man is standing watching the whole thing. He tells him if someone comes in, to go fetch his boat, hops into the truck and heads to the ER. Once at the ER he calls the Sheriffs Dept and a friend. The friend lives on the lake and knew 2 groups out on the lake at the time. He sent one over to check on it and it was already tied up at the dock with the Sheriffs dept. The Sheriffs dept said it was already tied when they got there. So we have no way of knowing who the kind person was that tied it up.

So again... I want to say thank you to whoever it was. And a BE CAREFUL to all of you still out there in your boats. Accidents happen when you least expect it.

Dan will be fine. He will have a couple nice scars to remind him to never lean over the back of the boat again with it running! It could of been ALOT worse!

Posted on: 2007/9/24 10:54

Re: Public Thank you & Safety Reminder
LSF Member
From Fargo, ND
Sorry to hear of that happening and I'm glad he's alright. A lesson learned indeed.

If your referring to the access on the south end of the lake I know what you mean by shallow. I had my small 14 foot boat out there last summer and it was quite shallow.

Nick

Posted on: 2007/9/24 12:22

Supporting Member
From Vadnais Heights
I Know it must be embarrasing for Dan ,but thanks for posting it, I know I learned from Dans accident.
You never Know when somthing like that can happen.
Glad he is ok.

tomcat

Posted on: 2007/9/24 12:53

LSF Supporting Member since March, 2007.
2008 LSF Walleye Champion
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Supporting Member
From Bemidji
That be the one Nick.

Good thing is it was only 3 feet deep.. as he doesn't swim either... there are alot of things to be thankful for. One number of little things could of been different and he wouldn't be here right now.

Posted on: 2007/9/24 12:54

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
I'm glad to hear hes alright, and hey $h*t happens to everyone, Its nice to know that there are good samaritens out there!

Posted on: 2007/9/24 13:19

LSF Member
From Clearwater County
Wow, glad he is ok that could have been alot worse, obviously.

Posted on: 2007/9/24 17:45

LSF Member
From East Central,MN
Gees thats kinda scary. No wonder Tom wanted me to go back to check his transducer yeterday and didnt do it himself. And I believe the prop was engaged. LOL.

Glad everything turned out good for him Jen :)

Posted on: 2007/9/24 18:18
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same" Ronald Reagan
2014 LSF Fall Trolling Get Together Champion

LSF Member
From Crystal / Isle, MN
Good to hear he is alright Jen, and your right it could have been way worse. It's good to hear that someone stepped up and did the right thing with your boat. I know from experience you let your guard down for only a minute and life can change in a blink of an eye!!!! My thoughts are with Dan for a speedy recovery!!!!

Posted on: 2007/9/24 18:30

LSF Member
From Wright County
Dan get well soon!

These kind of things happen when you least expect them. Hopefully you telling all of us will help someone down the road from suffering the same or even a worse fate.

Posted on: 2007/9/24 18:49

LSF Member
From Walker, MN
Dan, I wish you good health glad your ok.

Now Jen can do all the boat running till you get back on your feet.

Take care

Bob Auel

Posted on: 2007/9/24 23:13

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page