Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Lacrosse - onalaska area
LSF Member
This winter is the first time I've ice fished the river, last two weekends being on backwaters near wabasha and lake pepin.
I was wondering if there are any known areas folks target walleye at, similar to frontenac on pepin, down by lacrosse and onalaska? Even if there are some not as known areas feel free to pm with either. We are planning on heading that way on Saturday regardless but I thought I'd ask on here since I've never been over there and don't know what freezes and what doesn't. We've got plenty of spots scoped out to try for panfish that should keep us busy all day, and might even do more scouting around and drilling than actual fishing itself just to get familiar with some of the area, but wouldn't mind just setting up shop in hope of some eyes or saugers come late afternoon/evening. Poking around online I've seen names of a couple of spots mentioned but don't know anything about the area to know where they're talking about.
I've got no problem hiking however far it takes to get on some fish .

Thanks for any help you're willing to share!

Posted on: 2015/2/3 10:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Lacrosse - onalaska area
Try the Dresbach dam, there's a pool on the outside of a breakwall that is fished. Most of the locals don't spend much time on the eyes, the rivers too dangerous and the pannies and pike too good.

Posted on: 2015/2/5 21:24

LSF Member
Thanks for the info scooter, might just stick to the panfish ourselves.

Posted on: 2015/2/6 9:54

LSF Member
Fishing has been pretty slow all around down here the last few weeks. If you put in your time, drill plenty of holes, and stay away from people you should be able to find some fish. Good luck!! I'll be out fishing crappies Saturday night after everyone is off the ice!

Posted on: 2015/2/6 23:36

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page