Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Shiners
LSF Member
From ER
Just wondering what bait shops have shiners? I was out to 4 different bait shops last friday and no one had any. Are they out of season right now or whats the deal?

Posted on: 2015/2/4 22:24

Re: Shiners
Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
With walleye and pike season coming to a close most shops will quit carrying them to avoid overstock.

Posted on: 2015/2/4 22:38

LSF Member
From ER
oh ok. makes sense. do you know where i could find some though? I'll probably be calling around in the morning

Posted on: 2015/2/4 22:40

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
I personally do not. Calling is your best bet.

Posted on: 2015/2/4 22:45

LSF Member
From ER
Thanks

Posted on: 2015/2/4 22:46

LSF Member
From Buffalo, mn
Bait den in st.colud had them last weekend. gold, silver, and rainbows

Posted on: 2015/2/4 23:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From ER
I may have to give them a call, thanks for the info

Posted on: 2015/2/5 5:00

LSF Member
From Montose, MN
The reason that shiners are hard to find is that as of a few years ago it became illegal for bait distributors to transport live bait across state lines. From what I am told a lot of our shiners came from Wisconsin. This time of year the bait suppliers run out. Its happened to me more than once that I've called a shop and was told they have shiners only to find out when I get there they have sold in in the hrs that passed until I got there.

Posted on: 2015/2/5 16:29

LSF Member
From St. Paul, Hackensack-Longville-Leech
Quote:

BS wrote:
The reason that shiners are hard to find is that as of a few years ago it became illegal for bait distributors to transport live bait across state lines. From what I am told a lot of our shiners came from Wisconsin. This time of year the bait suppliers run out. Its happened to me more than once that I've called a shop and was told they have shiners only to find out when I get there they have sold in in the hrs that passed until I got there.

100% correct....this time of yr they can be gold, worth calling around and going there immediately. last week at Vados I arrived just as they received a shipment and was lucky enough to get first dibs, boy did I get some big shiners for tip ups, got an extra half scoop of 11 inch shiners for LOW in March. Moral of the story is during the 20 minutes I was in there the line did not stop ringing for em and he said they would all be gone in the next hour when I left

Posted on: 2015/2/5 16:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From ER
I found some in Mora, that's exactly what they told me too about the crossing state lines. She said a lot came from Arkansas. The ones I got today are local shiners. They had a lot there, two different sizes.

Posted on: 2015/2/5 17:05

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page