Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Vexilar FLX 28 ProPack or UltraPack??
LSF Member
From North Metro
I currently have a Vexilar FL 20 ProPack II and am looking to upgrade to the FLX 28 for some of the added features it provides. I have been very happy with Vexilar and am not looking to switch to another brand. My question is for guys that have used or own both which do you prefer the ProPack II or the UltraPack? I do like the idea of the quick connect on the battery and having the float holder on the top of the handle. Is there anything else that you find you like better about the UltraPack over the ProPack that is worth the extra money? Any feedback is appreciated.

Posted on: 2015/2/25 15:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Vexilar FLX 28 ProPack or UltraPack??
LSF Member
Personally I like the pro pack a lot better than the ultra pack. Actually, I don't care for the ultra pack at all. My reasons are (1) that the big (wide) handle on the pro pack makes it harder to hold on to when you're doing a lot of hole hopping, especially with some heavy gloves it's just less to get your hand under, (2) the ultra pack is a little heavier, and yeah it's a minimal difference but if you're hole hopping all day you will actually notice that small amount of added weight, more so when your transducer is hanging down for 30" of ice, (3) I don't use the tackle box myself and I like the shelf on the pro pack to put my bait pucks on or plastics container, etc. it's just handy to have them right there, (4) the ultra pack is more durable yes, but I don't plan on banging around a $600 flasher to the point that I need the extra durability, the 28 will come with a soft pack that is enough protection while traveling for me, I don't like to fish with the soft pack on though.

I realize these are all pretty picky/minimal differences, but that is my feedback on why I like the pro pack over the ultra.

Posted on: 2015/2/25 17:20

LSF Member
From North Metro
Thanks Mander, that is exactly the type of response I was looking for. I split my fishing time about 50/50 in a house vs. hole hopping so the larger handle and weight may be an issue hole hopping that would have gone overlooked. I currently like my ProPack so that is more than likely be what I go with again unless somebody has anything else to add as to why the UltraPack would be better. I will be calling tonight to put one on hold so I can pick it up after work tomorrow. Thanks.

Posted on: 2015/2/25 17:52

LSF Member
I hate how you have to store your transducer for the propack in the soft case. I like the battery storage system for the ultra pack.

Posted on: 2015/2/25 22:34

LSF Member
From Columbia Heights, MN
I like the UltraPack because it fits into a 5-gallon bucket. I like the handle on the ultra pack as well in my experience it's easy for me to grab and go. Another thing I like is the rod/beverage holders you can put on it.

Posted on: 2015/3/1 23:15

LSF Member
Had them both now I only have ultra pacs. When I buy again I will more than likely buy pro pac. Little smaller and lighter I do a lot of hole hopping. I never use the tackle boxes. I think they both fit inside a bucket but the pro gives more room to put something on top. They both work good. Very little pro or con either way.

Posted on: 2015/3/2 12:18

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page