Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Warroad or Swift Ditch
LSF Member
From Bville
Any updates on how the accesses are holding up are trucks still getting out or sleds and wheelers only?
Andy

Posted on: 2015/3/17 10:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Warroad or Swift Ditch
LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes,MN
Went out of swift ditch last weekend water was flowing thou ... Truck traffic still at warroad about 500.yards out . Truck tryed to cross the pressure ridge but didn't make it there front tires found it fall as I know it was still sitting there when I left on Sunday afternoon. As of now I'm guessing that it's wheeler or sled traffic from here on out.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 22:01

LSF Member
From Bville
Thanks Iceman, stilling for info for this weekend I have an extra guy that would like to go if we can drive the truck out versus the wheeler.

Anybody else have feedback on the Warroad access?
Thanks
Andy

Posted on: 2015/3/19 13:04

LSF Member
From Bville
Can't get out of Swift Ditch, Warroad can't get across break with trucks even saw one wheeler drop front in. Good access at Springsteel but no flags yet.

Posted on: 2015/3/21 11:44

LSF Member
Going to try swift ditch later this week, gotta take a wheeler.

Posted on: 2015/3/22 2:16

LSF Member
From God's green Earth.
Fished pike off of Morris Point, and Zipple Bay this weekend. Shockingly, and disappointingly slow. Over two full days of fishing we caught 2 30-inch fish, and spent hours and hours staring at dead flags.

As I considered why fishing was so slow at a time of year when it should've been pretty fast and furious, all I could come up with was the weather change on Saturday.

We'd had above freezing daytime temps for nearly three weeks in a row, then Saturday morning it was 8 degrees, and it never got above freezing all day. Same thing Saturday night into Sunday morning. Clear blue skies and a fairly sharp rise in barometric pressure must have shut em' down pretty hard. It was a beautiful weekend to be out fishing, but the fish just didn't cooperate.

On a positive note, a friend from Wisconsin, TrophyPikeHunter, managed to land a 39, and a 44-inch giant on Saturday afternoon! Fishing was extremely slow for his group as well, but at least they pulled a true Lake of the Woods tanker! Hope to see him post pics of this fish, because it really is a monster, and she's still swimming out there!!! So happy to see him catch this fish! He's dedicated three years to finding a true trophy pike, and a 44-inch fish definitely is a great accomplishment for any fishermen! Great job, Jim!

Forecast looks decent for the remainder of this week, with some snow and possible rain mid-week, but the temps look to really jump up again next Saturday, and I'm gonna guess that may just be the end. Everything was frozen up pretty solid this weekend, but if the temps jump up that high again it's going to turn the lake into deep slush everywhere.

We made our way out, via ATV, onto Zipple Bay on Sunday, and we were the ONLY group out there almost all day on Sunday. Fair warning, we did see an area just inside the jetty with thin ice over what was OPEN WATER just a few days earlier! Don't try and run machines thru the jetty area off of Zipple Bay! If you do head out there cross the sand berms and stay away from the channel thru the jetty.

Hope to make another trip up for late ice pike, but it will all depend on the weather.

Posted on: 2015/3/23 9:10

LSF Member
From Zipple Bay & Plymouth
Fished same areas as Sam on Sunday. Here was my report

Re: Any ice updates?
LSF Member

From Zipple Bay & Annandale
Ice was OK today for ATV's out of south shore (Morris Point, Graceton, and Zipple) Rough ice from ruts when trucks driving when temps were above freezing. Supposed to be in 40's on Tuesday here, which won't help.
Fished today near the gap and only 5 fish all day.

Zipple road is ATV only, most traffic out of Graceton, but most resort houses have been pulled off the ice.

Posted on: Yesterday 22:01:36

Posted on: 2015/3/23 9:37

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page