Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Brainerd area
LSF Member
From Brainerd
I have never fished the Mississippi and was curious if anyone has experience in the brainerd area. Just got a boat and was curious if I could use it on the river around here. 16ft lund with 40hp tiller.

Any tips where to land the boat would be awesome. Not looking for secrets but more locations I can use a boat.

Thanks

Posted on: 2015/4/9 21:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Brainerd area
LSF Member
You can get on the river above the dam in Rice Lake at Lum Park (still iced over). From there, you can go up river a very long way, probably all the way north of Crosby and beyond. There are also a couple of landings up stream from where Little Rabbit Lake flows in.

There is a ramp just down the river from the dam. You can also access at Crow Wing SP, and further down at the Nokassippi River just north of Ft Ripley. There is also a ramp just below the Sylvan dam on the Crow Wing River, and another ramp between the Sylvan dam and Pillager.

Posted on: 2015/4/9 22:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page