Attach file:

jpg  image.jpg (316.63 KB)
17438_552ffe3b3e803.jpg 1023X724 px

Posted on: 2015/4/16 13:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Adrian Peterson
LSF Member
From andover
Thanks for the report. I still think he get's traded before the draft. good luck.

Posted on: 2015/4/16 14:45

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
I would be surprised if he gets traded...UNLESS, he renegociates his contract to take a pay cut. And at his age, that would be like giving away free money, because he doesn't have enough years left to recoup the losses.

If he doesn't get injured, he willl likely have a huge year this year. So I say the Vikes should keep him, let him play mad, have a huge year rushing the ball, give him 500 rush attempts, and then parlay that into the best trade possible next year.

How do you defend a mad running AP, Wallace and Robinson running fly patterns, and Johnson, Wright and Rudolf over the middle? If Bridgewater can complete the deep ball, its a big year for the Vikes.

Posted on: 2015/4/16 15:10

LSF Member
From andover
I would think in any contract regardless of team there would be a stipulation that if he does anything wrong regarding NFL policy that from that point the contract is void since he could be banned from the NFL or some other punishment. good luck.

Posted on: 2015/4/16 15:20

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
Way too much optimism in the above post for me. But what the hell, I'll take a shot.

What if he has to stay, does next to nothing, and collects a massive paycheck? I can see it now, the O-line still sucks and he is in on 2nd down & long. The D brings the house and AP doesn't pick up the block, Teddy gets creamed but AP still gets that massive check. Teddy could get KO'd, that would ruin our chances at a 2015 Super Bowl Win. And guess what, yep you guessed it, AP still collects that massive check.

It could go a bunch of ways and it's fun to chat up all the speculation. Let's have some fun!

Posted on: 2015/4/16 15:33

LSF Member
I'm not worried about AP playing and then not playing up to his potential. If he's in the game its in his best interest to play 100%.

Quote:
I would think in any contract regardless of team there would be a stipulation that if he does anything wrong regarding NFL policy that from that point the contract is void since he could be banned from the NFL or some other punishment.

Thats basically how NFL contracts work right now. The team can cut any player and any time and owe the player nothing outside of any guaranteed money that hasn't been paid out yet. Most guaranteed money is paid upfront so that's rarely an issue. As it stands the Vikings or any team that AP gets traded to could rip up his contract and tell him to pack his bags.

I personally want to see him traded but not because of what he's owed this year or his behavior. I want him traded now because of what he's owed next year and the year after that. Next year his cap hit will be even bigger and he'll be another year older. Given that his trade value will also likely diminish.

Are the vikings really going to be paying a 33 year old AP almost $17 million with a $17 million cap hit? If they don't plan on it and there is a good offer on the table now then I say take it.

Posted on: 2015/4/16 16:34

Staff Team
From Bloomington
I think he should fire his agent. That guys seems to be an bank of bad choices himself.

Keep AP. I don't think anyone wants that contract without seeing how he comes back physically and mentally.

Like it was said above let him play mad.

It will be fun to see how he plays once he comes back to the field where ever it is.

Posted on: 2015/4/16 16:34

LSF Member
Oh my, how things change. This is what is really fasinating, folks want him to play mad. But bash him for behaving mad at home.

Posted on: 2015/4/16 17:13

LSF Member
Did you guys here that Adrian got traded to the twins?
They were looking for a good switch hitter. :).

Posted on: 2015/4/16 20:09

LSF Member
Switch hitter, , that's great.

We keep hearing all this talk about AP playing mad and tearing it up. The O line looks pretty much the same as last season with the exception being that all those guys are older.

I can see it now, the only thing he'll be tearing is an ACL.

Posted on: 2015/4/16 22:51

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page