Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

NFL Draft Junkies
Field Staff
From Eastern SD & SW MN
Hasn't been a lot of talk about this on here! Any of you junkies getting excited for the draft? I see a lot of mock drafts out there having the Vikings taking Kevin White, Brandon Scherff, and a few that say Trae Waynes.

Personally, I would love see us get Kevin White or trade down and pick up Trae Waynes. I think Scherff will be gone before he gets to us, but who knows. We could definitely use a solid CB. Thoughts?

Just an aside, Fowler Jr. is going to be the stud of this draft. Forget Mariotta and Winston. The guy is an animal.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 9:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: NFL Draft Junkies
LSF Member
From St. Paul, Hackensack-Longville-Leech
Quote:

HotFiretiger wrote:
Hasn't been a lot of talk about this on here! Any of you junkies getting excited for the draft? I see a lot of mock drafts out there having the Vikings taking Kevin White, Brandon Scherff, and a few that say Trae Waynes.

Personally, I would love see us get Kevin White or trade down and pick up Trae Waynes. I think Scherff will be gone before he gets to us, but who knows. We could definitely use a solid CB. Thoughts?

Just an aside, Fowler Jr. is going to be the stud of this draft. Forget Mariotta and Winston. The guy is an animal.

Gonna be interesting! Heard a lot of chatter for Kevin White or Devante Parker but dont see white getting past da bears. I would be fine with either, I really like Trae Waynes but not sure if he falls or what it would take to move up, also heard some stuff for Marcus Peters CB from Washington

If had to pick one guy I am going with Trae Waynes, Parker is my second choice for what I see the vikes doing.

Always fun watching Speilman work his draft magic, always a chance he is wheel'n and deal'n

Posted on: 2015/4/29 10:43

LSF Member
Yeah, if they stay with the #11 pick, I think it will be Waynes also, and I think that is a good solid pick, but I think they can move down and still get him. Scherff will be gone. I think White will be gone. And I don't think Parker is that great of a need to take at 11.

Patterson has been busting his a$$ this offseason to make himself an NFL WR. And with Wallace now, and Johnson playing as well as he did, and the gut of mid level WR's in the draft, I don't see Parker as a good pick.

I am almost more intriqued with the train wreck that is going to happen with Winston. And even though I like Mariotta, I don't see him as any better than Gabbert, Locker or Ponder, but he will still go high also. Very interesting draft it looks like, should be a good one to grab a bowl of popcorn and waste an evening watching.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 10:57

Field Staff
From Eastern SD & SW MN
I can't see us grabbing a WR with the acquisition of Wallace. Completely forgot about that.. We'd have Wallace, Patterson & White/Parker.. That's a lot stuck in the WR position.

Grabbing Gurley or Gordon might not be a bad move either.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 11:06

LSF Member
From St. Paul, Hackensack-Longville-Leech
Quote:

F6firecat wrote:

Patterson has been busting his a$$ this offseason to make himself an NFL WR. And with Wallace now, and Johnson playing as well as he did, and the gut of mid level WR's in the draft, I don't see Parker as a good pick.

I like your idea there....knew Patterson has been trying to fit the mold of a true NFL wr, just not sure where the update stands currently and still might not know until he is on the field again.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 11:07

LSF Member
I wouldn't mind a WR or a CB.

HotFiretiger is right that we'd have 3 potential big time WR's (at least big time by vikings standards) but I don't think that is a horrible position to be in when you have a young still somewhat unproven QB looking to take the next step.

In todays league I don't think its possible to have too many targets to throw to assuming they are all ok with their position on the team and no one gets cranky if the ball gets spread around like WR's tend to do.

If you can put Wallace, Patterson, and a stud rookie WR on the field all at the same time with AP in the back field the defense for the first time in years will have to pick and choose who they want to focus on stopping. That makes life easier for every offensive player on the field.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 11:17

LSF Member
But you don't want to get into the Packer situation either, with a prolific offense but no defense. Have to keep it balanced. Can't believe how badly GB is wasting the best QB in the game!?!?!

I think with Patterson working hard and in his 3rd year, Wallace, Johnson who was a great possession guy last year, and Rudolf, you have a more than capable receiving corp, especially with Peterson running the ball out of the backfield. Grab a OL or two, and a mid round WR or two, but focus the top picks on LB, CB or S and sure up that defense.

Any way you look at it, all those kids are a crap shoot. Any one of them could become a suspension waiting to happen, and very few of them are future hall of famers. I wouldn't want to be in a GM's shoes this time of year, putting your 6-7 figure job on the line over spoiled rotten, coddled atheletes!!!

Posted on: 2015/4/29 11:46

LSF Member
There is for sure a balancing act between talent on both sides of the ball. But we were 14th in the league for total defense last year (11th for pts allowed) and 27th in total offense (20th for pts/game).

If you are striving for balance then I'd say you might want to add more top level talent on the offensive side of the ball at this point.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 11:52

LSF Member
From EGF, MN
Quote:

I am almost more intriqued with the train wreck that is going to happen with Winston. And even though I like Mariotta, I don't see him as any better than Gabbert, Locker or Ponder, but he will still go high also. Very interesting draft it looks like, should be a good one to grab a bowl of popcorn and waste an evening watching.

Couldn't agree more on the two "elite"quarterbacks you mentioned.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 12:12

Field Staff
From Eastern SD & SW MN
Browns trying to move up to get Mariota. Gave up on Manziel already? They have no clue what they're doing. Worst front office in the NFL.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 12:34

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page