Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Battery Charger Settings
LSF Member
From Ramsey, MN
Good Morning,

I am wondering if someone is able to help me out. I am by no means a battery expert. I have got 3 settings on my battery charger (STD, AGM, or GEL) and am curious what I should be using to charge up my Cabelas Deep Cycle batteries that are hooked up to my trolling motor. Any information on this would be much appreciated.

These are the batteries I have:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Boating/AutoBoat-Batteries-Chargers/Marine-Deep-Cycle-Batteries%7C/pc/104794380/c/104698080/sc/104446080/Cabelas-Deep-Cycle-Lead-Acid-Battery/1982452.uts?destination=%2Fcategory%2FMarine-Deep-Cycle-Batteries%2F104446080.uts

Thank You!

Posted on: 2015/5/7 7:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Battery Charger Settings
LSF Member
From Zipple Bay & Plymouth
You have Lead Acid batteries, use STD setting.

Posted on: 2015/5/7 7:46

LSF Member
From North Metro "Coon Rapids"
All those settings are for LEAD ACID batteries.
They come in several forms and the charging profiles differ a bit, hence the choices you have.
Normal flooded wet cell batteries use the STD standard setting.
That is what you need to use for those batteries.

AGMs are a starved wet cell batteries
And Gel are just that, silica is added to the electrolyte to stabilize it and you most definitely want to use a GEL setting for any of those types of batteries, reason, if they gas, them little bubbles get suspended within the gel and everyone in contact with the plate renders that portion of the plate useless and they can add up fast.
Over time the battery is destroyed.

Posted on: 2015/5/7 12:48

LSF Member
From Ramsey, MN
Thanks for all the information guys!

Posted on: 2015/5/7 12:54

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page