Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Lowrance elite 7 chirp sonar freezing
LSF Member
I installed a elite 7 chirp on my boat a couple weeks ago and while I was using it this past weekend for the first time and I notice the sonar would freeze for about 10-15 seconds then it would start working again for a few more minutes then it would freeze up again. Has any one ran into this before or does any one have any idea what could be causing this any info would be helpful thanks

Posted on: 2015/5/17 14:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Lowrance elite 7 chirp sonar freezing
LSF Member
From Minnesota
Did you just buy it new? Is it updated to the most recent version? How do you have it wired? How thick are the wires youre using gauge wise?

Posted on: 2015/5/17 14:27

LSF Member
Yes it was brand new when I got it and I called cabelas where a bought it and they said it has the newest up date and the wiring is a little thicker then the wire coming from the head. Would a bad connection cause this?

Posted on: 2015/5/17 14:46

LSF Member
From Minnesota
I wouldnt think so, if its brand new there shouldnt be a problem, I would just check connections and if you have a problem still and know all the wiring is done well I would bring it back to cabelas for an exchange for a different elite 7

Posted on: 2015/5/17 16:37

Check with Lowrance and make sure of the latest update. Mine did same and they advised of newer update, which I did and now it works. Good Luck

Posted on: 2015/5/18 10:51

LSF Member
From Kandiyohi Co Minnesota
I have noticed it as well last year and again this year and over the winter, I did update to the current version. I have looked at comparable birds and they scroll much fast then my Elite 7 Chirp when I was shopping for a unit people told me to buy a bird but after have Lowrance units for over 20 years it was hard to let go no I am disappointed in my decision.

Posted on: 2015/5/18 21:39

LSF Member
From Kandiyohi Co Minnesota
click happy

Posted on: 2015/5/18 21:39

LSF Member
I called lowrance and they told me it just needs to be up dated and that will take care of everything

Posted on: 2015/5/19 6:36

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Quote:

slipbobber1 wrote:
I have noticed it as well last year and again this year and over the winter, I did update to the current version. I have looked at comparable birds and they scroll much fast then my Elite 7 Chirp when I was shopping for a unit people told me to buy a bird but after have Lowrance units for over 20 years it was hard to let go no I am disappointed in my decision.

The elite 7's scroll ability is below par, but I wouldnt say that it should be the reason to go to humminbird. The HDS Units ability to refresh on any type of scroll is very smooth and worth the extra bang for your buck if scrolling becomes a large issue

Posted on: 2015/5/19 8:09

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page