Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: North Shore Trout Streams?
LSF Member
From andover
There are many inland stream trout lakes in the area as well. Designated trout lakes do not allow live bait [worms nightcrawlers work well]. good luck.

Posted on: 2015/6/2 16:30

Die young as old as possible.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Are you sure it's a mile upstream Snow? My understanding is up to the posted boundary, which is not necessarily a mile. Am I mistaken?

Posted on: 2015/6/2 16:41

LSF Member
From andover
Single hooks only up to posted boundaries. Upstream boundaries are posted. You can use trebles above the boundaries. good luck.

Posted on: 2015/6/2 19:16

LSF Member
Reinhard, I believe you meant to say live minnows are not allowed? Other than live minnows, other live bait (night crawlers, leeches, etc) are allowed.

1 mile is just a general estimate, as most streams 1st barrier are within 1 mile of the lake. Some waterfalls are less than a block from the lake, others might be 2 miles. Either way, it'll be posted. But when it doubt, use single hooks.

Posted on: 2015/6/3 2:58

LSF Member
From andover
Ya, that's right. While live minnows are not allowed in designated trout lakes, preserved minnows are. One thing I do when fishing trout streams is to pinch my barbs down to get as barbless as possible. Most of the trout you catch upstream are naturally produced. I do keep a few at times but release a lot of them.

There was a lure we used years ago called the "Russian Hook". It was a tear drop shaped spoon with a single hook on it. By far the best lure we ever used for trout. Can't find them anymore. As far as single hooks in general, we used spoons with single hooks on Superior a lot and had no problem hooking fish. I personally think single hooks have better holding power than trebles in the fighting process.

Over the years the simple worm out-fished any lure in the upper stretches of the North Shore trout streams. Especially after a rain when the streams were a little stained. Love drifting a worm with a small split shot. The line would stop and go upstream, and the hook was set. Bug spray sure was needed. good luck.

Posted on: 2015/6/3 7:44

LSF Member
Quote:

NomadicAngler wrote:
1 mile is just a general estimate, as most streams 1st barrier are within 1 mile of the lake. Some waterfalls are less than a block from the lake, others might be 2 miles. Either way, it'll be posted. But when it doubt, use single hooks.

My understanding is that the posted boundary refers to a posted sign at the location upstream from the lake beyond which fish cannot traverse because of waterfall, and that distance from the lake has nothing to do with it. Is this not correct?

Cascade river, it's 100 yards. Brule river, it's a mile. Caribou river, it's a couple blocks. Temperance river, it's less than a block. Am I mistaken?

Posted on: 2015/6/3 9:22

LSF Member
From andover
Yes, I believe he said it is posted. There will be a sign there. Yes there is a difference in distance in all the streams. Baptism River is also a river with a posted sign far up stream. good luck.

Posted on: 2015/6/3 10:26

LSF Member

Posted on: 2015/6/3 11:45

LSF Member
Quote:

Bandersnatch wrote:
The regs are al on line. Why keep posting "i guess" and opinions?

There is a certain someone doing nothing other than

Posted on: 2015/6/3 12:13

LSF Member
Quote:

nordeaster wrote:
There is a certain someone doing nothing other than

Would that be you?

I provided the data.

Post rant.

But I provided it.

Posted on: 2015/6/3 12:56

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page