Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Twins Trade dead line
LSF Member
From St. Henry, MN
Hey fellas,

I am surprised at the lack of chatter about the twins on here? Last year I think we all took our turns to rip them every chance we got and this year mums the word?

I think I speak for everyone when I say I am quite surprised by the team this year. I do think it has a lot to do with Molitor, as I never thought Gardy was a good manager, in fact I always thought he flat sucked. Molitor has these boys playin. My question is how aggressive do all of you want them to be at the trade dead line?

I hear a lot of people begging for us to splash here and make a big trade, but this year I would say I am not on board. Usually i am all for making a trade but I really don't think this is the year. I hope to see the twins try to better their Bull Pen as they are terrible, but other than that I don't want them to go too crazy. My reasoning is I don't see this team as a serious contender this year. They may make the playoffs, but I don't think they have the offense or the pitching do much in the playoffs, and I don't want to see us trade one of our up and comers to chase this pipe dream. I would sit back this year and see how it plays out, then in the next couple years when we should have a legit shot,make a move that actually helps us. (you know like they should have done 7-10 years ago).

Posted on: 2015/7/28 11:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Twins Trade dead line
LSF Member
I agree. The results this year are nice to see but they are not a legit contender. Its not worth trading a prospect to get you marginally better at this point, they are still too far away. The best course of action is to enjoy the ride this year and gain some confidence and get your young guys some experience.

Once the young guys are big league ready you'll have a better idea of how they fit into the team and where your holes may be.

Bull pen help, SS and catcher are areas worth addressing in the off season. Also possibly the outfield depending on Buxton's improvement and what they plan to do with Hunter next season.

Posted on: 2015/7/28 11:32

LSF Member
From St. Paul, Hackensack-Longville-Leech
They have been a surprise and fun to watch and I agree a lot of that should go on Molitor, I am really impressed with him in his first year and the non-traditional decisions he makes in certain situations. It would be awesome to see them get into the playoffs as it would give them a lot of experience for years to come. I agree with you guys though that a trade this year probably doesnt make much sense. Not worth giving up some of the farm system to just make the playoffs, rather do it when we can make a run which I think is possible over the next few years.

Some things to address and nofisherman mentioned. Jose Berrios will be coming soon and throws lightning, also hearing interviews with mientkeiwicz( if I got that one right?) has been talking about a his AA pitching staff having several kids that consistently hit 100,101,102. That could be a huge boost to the bullpen in the next few seasons. Also got All star Dee Gordon's younger bro in the system for SS

Either way the future is looking bright and we should have some exciting players to watch

Posted on: 2015/7/28 11:43

LSF Member
Embrace the small market MLB team. Build from within, throught the draft, pick up a few serviceable veterans. Maybe you can put 1 year together to give the World Series a legit shot, but that will also entail giving up the good young players in your system and wreck the team for a handful of years.

2 scenarios - Keep the payroll down and have a "good" team as long as your scouts are doing their job, and never really have the team to win the WS. Or, get close and bet the farm on one good year by giving up the next few years.

In short, my opinion, the way MLB is setup, its a wing and a prayer to ever make the WS, so just keep putting a good team on the field and stay in the middle all the time. Rather than go 90 loss seasons 3 years in a row.

Posted on: 2015/7/28 13:27

LSF Member
From St. Paul, Hackensack-Longville-Leech
Quote:

F6firecat wrote:

In short, my opinion, the way MLB is setup, its a wing and a prayer to ever make the WS, so just keep putting a good team on the field and stay in the middle all the time. Rather than go 90 loss seasons 3 years in a row.

x2....If you line some really good years up you have a legit chance, when those star players become too expensive for their age the best teams decide to let them go and replenish with multiple prospects. Cardinals are obviously a franchise to mirror. Kansas city has done the same, Grienke is phenomenal this year but the amount of prospects KC, not only got but hit is paying major dividends right now

Posted on: 2015/7/28 13:36

LSF Member
From Farmington
I was no Gardy fan either. Molitor is doing a great job but I believe Torii has helped get these kids motivated also. This team in recent years had 0 character.

Posted on: 2015/7/28 14:56

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page