Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

BSL reports?
LSF Member
I'm heading up Big Sandy next week for a whole week. Never have been up there. Anybody have any insight to get me on some walleye? I'm not asking for your spots - but any tips would be appreciated. Plastics, leeches, worms, cranks?? FOW? Weeds vs. rocks? Thanks!

Posted on: 2015/8/12 13:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: BSL reports?
LSF Member
From East Central,MN
last time we were up (weekend before July 4th) we were getting them in 7' on the rocks. Will be back up this weekend and a more detailed report when I get back.

Posted on: 2015/8/12 13:50
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same" Ronald Reagan
2014 LSF Fall Trolling Get Together Champion

LSF Member
was up last weekend and didn't fair well with the eyes. we did find some crappies holding up under the bridge tho.. nice crappies..had to work for them. The eye that I caught was on a lindy with a floating jig in about 19' on the bottom side of a drop. It's been on the slow side the last few times up. Think I had a leech on with the float jig. we were using everything so I don't exactly remember what I caught it on! Good luck to you

Posted on: 2015/8/12 15:32

LSF Member
From IGH
I was there last week and we pounded the eyes tossing ribbit bull frogs in the lily pads in 45 feet of water on the SW side of the lake. If I were you that's where I would focus 100% of my time. Have fun and good luck Nathan!

Posted on: 2015/8/12 19:46

LSF Member
Matthew-

Thanks for the advice. It's weird that produced absolutely nothing. We were throwing frogs the whole week- no eyes. We were in that 45 FOW you recommended, but thought that might be too shallow, so we went deeper with no luck. I'll give the frogs another shot in December or January.

Thanks!

Posted on: 9/13 13:21:02

LSF Member
Matthew - I assume you are being sarcastic in your comments. Lilly pads in 45' of water huh. That is news to me. Specifically in a dark stained lake. Good luck finding many weeds past 6'!!! The guy was looking for some general advise and help, not some B.S run around….

Posted on: 9/22 10:29:30

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page