Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Northern MN Fall Trout Fishing.
LSF Member
I'm looking to make a trip or two up to the Cook/Lake County areas before the end of the stream trout season in the lakes up there and was wondering if anyone has any tips on locating and catching a few of these up there? I'm looking to target mainly splake, brookies, and rainbows but wouldn't rule out browns,or even lake trout as well. I've only fished the lakes a few times in the winter months up there so I'm not entirely sure where they would be located from Mid September until the end of October.

Posted on: 2015/9/7 22:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Northern MN Fall Trout Fishing.
LSF Member
From Two Harbors
On the smaller trout lakes we are still finding fish suspended over deeper water. I like to use slip bobbers and a piece of crawler. Generally, if i have not gotten a bite within 10 minutes, i make a move until i find fish.

Posted on: 2015/9/10 9:18

LSF Member
From andover
Cooler waters bring the rainbows and splake near shores as well. Fishing from shore still works in the fall. The old standby a injected crawler with a slip sinker will work. Casting with a spinner like a mepps or small spoon works also. I would troll with a spoon or small rappala when out of a boat or just cast. Lots of lakes in the area you will visit. Some of my favorites are in the Isabella/Finland area. Couple of good brook trouts there as well with their beautiful fall spawning colors. Stop by the Two Harbors break wall for a few casts on your way back or by the stream mouths for a chance for a few salmon or lakers. Early mornings are the best at the river mouths or all day long at the break wall. good luck.

Posted on: 2015/9/10 9:39

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
Thanks for the information! I will try and report back if I make it up there.

Posted on: 2015/9/10 22:53

LSF Member
From Two Harbors
We are heading to Isabella this weekend for some camping and fishing. Looking forward to some fresh trout grilled over a hard wood fire!!!

Posted on: 2015/9/11 8:10

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page