Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Those of you with Alumacrafts...
LSF Member
From Savage, MN
Matt,

If you do not need to buy anything soon, you have been a afforded the time to really research want you want. As my late father and I did years ago, look at ALL the manufacturers, not just a few. When we purchased our Starcraft new in '03, it was only after a year and a half of research, going to boat shows, talking to sales reps, etc. Like with most people, the bottom line was the bottom dollar but we got a very sweet set-up that I still own today. Many times we found that we would have been over paying for something just because it had a brand name attached to it. Not only that but you also have to consider that type of fishing you will be doing most of the time and the number of people in the boat. One of the main reasons we went with a dual console was because we did a lot of fishing on big water and liked the ability to "hide" behind the windshield when running across the lake when it was choppy. Bottom line: do your homework and you won't be disappointed. Good luck with your search.

Posted on: 2015/9/23 13:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Cologne,MN
I bought a new boat this spring. I looked at all the main brands, and in the end I just got more boat for the money with alumacraft. I ended up getting a trophy 175 LE with a f115 Yamaha. It jumps on plane quickly and rides very good on big water. I've had it on Mille lacs this summer with a wind and it worked well. I love the wide gunwales on the trophy and its deep enough so kids are safe. The jump seats in back are nice too

Posted on: 2015/9/24 9:01
80LB Terrova IPilot link
H-Bird 899 HD DI and Helix 7 SI at helm

LSF Member
We bought a 175 Voyageur and upgraded to a 115 Yamaha new in 2015, and much like the previous poster, when I compared to the other brands, I felt I was getting more boat for the money. I also preferred the layout to the competitors similarly priced boats.

After 2 seasons of fishing in it, the only thing I'd do differently is not go vinyl flooring throughout. The vinyl gets pretty warm on sunny days, and I like fishing barefoot.

Posted on: 2016/1/24 20:47

I have had three Alumacrafts over the years. i started with a Lunker V16, moved to a Tourney Pro Tiller model, and currently have a Dominator with the twin pods. I absolutely love Alumacraft boats. They drive very well, they are incredibly roomy compared to other brands, their storage is second to none, and the fit and finish is great.

I have used my latest Dominator for 10 full seasons, and the only repair issues on it were a worn out livewell pump and a livewell timer. Those didn't wear out until year 9 and 10. I have it all ready to go for the spring, so when it melts I will be out using it for year 11.

I figure I will have one more new boat coming some day, and it will no doubt be an Alumacraft again.

Posted on: 2016/1/28 14:02

LSF Member
I bought a 2015 165 Competitor last summer & love it. Good price point and does everything I need it to do. 70 HP tiller that approaches 40 mph which is as fast as I need to go. I like the wide beam, quite a step up from my tippy 16 foot Lund. Also extremely easy to get on & off the trailer by myself.

Posted on: 2016/1/28 14:25

Field Staff
From Eastern SD & SW MN
Quote:

MikeW wrote:

Not a chance I would own it if I fished big lakes. Front end is a sail. The boat is to wide and light so it rides up over waves slamming into the next one. As its a tiller I can get soak driving it even in 1' waves.

Nailed it. Spent a lot of miles in an Alumacraft and if its windy, plan on getting wet.

Posted on: 2016/1/28 14:39

LSF Member
From Bloomington Mn
don't like

Posted on: 2016/1/31 16:04

Pro Staff
From walker
I have run 4 alumacrafts over a 25 year period of time. I liked every one of them. As many have already said you get more for your dollar with alumacraft. My last one was 2002 tourney pro tiller that I ran hard for 13 years. I did replace carpet and seats after 10 years but never had a loose rivet, wiring issue or anything else go wrong. It was a wet boat though but most my time is spent on Leech lake and you are going to get wet in most boats here. I did however make the move to glass this year but I cant say any thing bad about alumacraft.

Posted on: 2016/1/31 20:55
www.walleyetrips.com
Fish house rental - www.leechlakeicefishing.com
218-368-6424

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page