« 1 (2)

Re: St. Louis river/harbor
LSF Member

Posted on: 1/28 10:58:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Duluth
Winds cranked up with the polar vortex,,,ice smashed to bits and headed out to sea 🌊. (Outside the harbor)

Posted on: 1/29 17:34:37

LSF Member
Bummer thanks for the update though, greatly appreciated.

Posted on: 1/29 20:07:57

JoeHere hey thanks on that info I cant believe there driving across that from the sand pits, I hand pulled the sled and gear out of the Arrowhead landing, I got in a 9 foot hole got my 2 in short order on the 23rd

Posted on: 1/29 21:02:13

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Quote:

Joehere wrote:
Winds cranked up with the polar vortex,,,ice smashed to bits and headed out to sea 🌊. (Outside the harbor)

Thanks for the update. Figured it wouldn't be ready. Looks like extended cold again next week maybe by late february it will be walkable. I believe it was March when I was able to walk out in 2014.

Posted on: 1/30 13:31:55

LSF Member
From Duluth
Wind switch and ice came back in,,,time will tell. Check out duluthharborcam.com

Posted on: 1/30 14:22:12

LSF Member
From andover
Man when I think back to my youth and we used to drag out 14 foot aluminum boats off the north shore when available in case the ice broke off. There were not that many times we could do that but it sure was great. By the way McQuade boat landing has good ice for those who want to check it out. good luck.

Posted on: 1/30 17:37:10

Die young as old as possible.

LSF Member
From Duluth
Big write up (duluthnewstribune.com),,, Fishing outside the harbor on the big lake.

Look it up,,,all the most current and up to date info you need for your trip . Good luck and be safe.

Posted on: 2/10 19:33:15

LSF Member
From andover
Thanks Joe for the update. Out from the Harbor is not for me this year. Like the article states, Winds can change things in minutes on the big lake. I will go to McQuade or Two Harbors where it's more safe. Protected from the wind's pushing or pulling on the ice or just breaking it up at any time. I've done it in my younger days when we did have long periods of very cold temps and the ice with at times ice covering large areas of the lake. Of course that is rare. good luck.

Posted on: 2/11 10:14:47

Die young as old as possible.

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page