Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Fishing Aitkin Area lakes
LSF Member
From Otsego, Minnesota
Fishing the weekend 15th-17th of January, I am sure with the cold snap this up coming weekend ice will be good but checking reports on the area lakes. I am taking my brother-in-law, who just moved back from California and would like to put him on some fish. My lake I fish is Round up by Waukenabo, and never have I had any luck with catching on hard water there or even in the summer for that matter, a reason we have always called it the dead sea. Please PM me if you have any tips! Thank you in advance!

Marty McFly
-The year of the cubs, glad I could make the bookies some money this year! ;)

Posted on: 2016/1/6 14:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fishing Aitkin Area lakes
LSF Member
I would give Farm Island or Cedar lake a shot.

Posted on: 2016/1/6 21:30

LSF Member
From Minnesota
I also have some ? about sissabagamah and lone lake in the area. Lake info and maps look great . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on: 2016/1/11 8:57

LSF Member
From Otsego, Minnesota
I will have to try those this weekend and report back. Does anyone have any experience on these lakes on the hard water over the last couple of years?

Posted on: 2016/1/11 9:57

LSF Member
Caught a real nice nortin on lone lake (36 incher)a year ago end of december.The fish was released.Saw walleyes on the camera b4 dark but they seemed not interested in eating.Lake is VERY clear water.A local(only other fishouse on the lake that day)told me that the walleye fishing is best after dark.Hope you get some good luck report back please.............c63

Posted on: 2016/1/11 21:42

LSF Member
From Elko Mn
Sissabagama? I've fished it quite a few times in the past winters. Was good for crappies several years ago, but hasn't produced for me the last few years. Used to be able to drill holes until I could see the crappies in 28- 32' sitting from about 18 to 24' down. Had the wheel house out there last year and didn't do much. Probably drilled 50 holes. Fished West side of island in a little over 30 fow. Never have had a nite bite on the lake. Something really weird happens in 30' of water after dark on that lake. My vexilar starts to show solid from 15' down. It starts gradually from the bottom and works its way up. Can't figure what's causing it. Asked vexilar and they didn't have a clue. Someone thought it might be red worms.

One of our guys caught a 6 lb. walleye early one morning. Lots of hammer handle northern.

Posted on: 2016/1/12 23:08

LSF Member
From Blaine
what your seeing is plankton ascending after dark. the crappies are there. you need to follow your jig down in the zone and look close for the brighter mark from marking a fish.
its a bit annoying until you figure it out. they are there in that mess of plankton.
nothing wrong with your vex.

Posted on: 2016/1/13 9:41

LSF Member
From Elko Mn
Sissabagamah Only lake I ever seen that happen on. It gets so thick, you can't see your jig. Why only at night?

Posted on: 2016/1/13 10:05

LSF Member
From Blaine
I would hit the lake right by Round, Esquagamah. It's been years but we always caught fish on that lake.

Posted on: 2016/1/13 10:30

LSF Member
From Aitkin
Esquagama has always been good for me to, crappies and walleyes.

Posted on: 2016/1/15 7:54

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page