Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Flashers? What to buy?
Staff Team
MARCUM ONLY but I do like my Hummingbird55 also. My LX5 is seven years old and has been an awesome unit and does what I need it to do. Vexilar's in my opinion are OK but would never buy one. I guess it is the old Chevy, Ford, Honda debate and to each their own but by far Marcum has my first choice not only for the great units but the customer service is awesome..........Kirk

Posted on: 2016/1/15 15:38

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
How is the LCD- as far as response time- on the marcums after sitting in the cold after a extended period of time?

Do the new vexilars a have a adjustable zoom- or is it still limited to the bottom 6 & 12ft? I love panfishing and often find them suspended more than 12' and winter trout fishing - adjusting the zoom is a no brainer my lx-3 comes in quite handy for those situations

Posted on: 2016/1/19 23:24

LSF Member
From Forest Lake
I have used a vx1 for 4 years and love it. This year I found an lx5 on sale for $400 so I grabbed that one making my vx1 the loaner unit. I honestly dont have an opinion yet on whether the 5 is a big upgrade but it is certainly a nice unit.

Posted on: 2016/1/21 13:32

LSF Member
Im also looking for a new flasher. Looking at the vexilar fl 28 or the marcum lx5i. Any suggestions?

Posted on: 2016/2/24 21:57

LSF Member
Quote:

cablelakeguy wrote:
Vexilar; period. I have owned pretty much every model they have put out. Currently, own an 18 and a 28. The 28 is a super unit, and we fish with them all the time. if i had to ice fish without a Vexilar, i wouldnt bother. Also, they hold their value. I have sold older units, all in great working shape, and been very happy with the money. Never had a single complaint. replaced a battery, and one float, just to make it prettier. have fished a Marcum, wow, not for me!!

Any reason besides "Wow, not for me!" as to why you don't like it?

Posted on: 2016/2/24 22:30

Still new to the vex 28.. as JMNhunter said and asked.. It does have zoom both 6 and 12 ft but is not adjustable per say, but one side will show the complete column of water top to bottom and zoom at the same time with out hitting or adjusting button or knobs.. A weed mode. low power mode and a hidden feature (or not advertised that I know of) bottom hardness reading that can be used to tell you the bottom or floor hardness do so research. I have used my vex 28 in 3.2 ft. of water pretty effectively
.. Marcum users that I know can't do that.

Marcum's equal has great screens, they seem to be harder to adjust but sure can be easier as used.. seems harder to jump from hole to hole with out more adjusting.

My 2 cents buy a vex 28 and your good and covered for deep or shallow and many, many years to come. Its auto mode covers just about most ice fishing situations. and one can change the color of flasher from standard to 5 colors with white and blue, which is nice for sunny days or color sensitive eyes. There all pricy but the 28 can or could be had for 489$ shipping included..

Posted on: 2016/3/4 2:29

LSF Member
From Chaska
Humminbird Ice 45. Large display screen, digital depth, ease of use. Does everything you need it to do.

Posted on: 2016/3/4 2:54

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page