Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Vikings/Seahawks Predictions
LSF Member
Quote:

highlife4me wrote:
Seems like the Vikings are real good at getting into field goal territory and consider that good enough. Takes more than field goals to win especially in the playoffs. Seattle tried so hard at giving Mn the game but we couldn't close the deal. I guess the Vikings freed up my weekends for a while.

my weekends are wide open for fishing now!!

Posted on: 2016/1/10 17:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
Quote:

MNdrifter wrote:
Walsh and Gary Anderson can go F themselves. 27 yards are you kidding me. I'm just a dumb operator but I'm about to go outside and kick a 27 yarder in my neighbors back yard (Santa put up a goal post for their kids). I would rather kick walsh's dog. Ok, serenity now, serenity now, rant over.

It never should have come down to a last second field goal to win the game but as like in 2009, Peterson fumbled away the game. The Vikings should have traded the child beating, no pass rush defending, can't run out of the shotgun, fumbling bum when they had the chance. Now they're stuck with him.

I guess this is what happens when you win the division but only beat 2 teams with winning records. Better luck next year.

Posted on: 2016/1/10 23:16

LSF Member
I guess I have a different view on the game than most. Most of the blame needs to go to Norv Turner and Teddy Toiletwater. We had ZERO throws to the endzone. Not one. How the hell was Peterson supposed to run the ball with 8-9 guys constantly in the box. I hate Peterson BTW. The recievers faced minimal coverage, but we couldnt hit any throws down the field to back them off the run. 90% of our completed passes were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.

So our O-line cant block that good. Then why not do some WR screens, slant passes, screen passes?? Instead Turner has Toiletwater doing 5-7 step drops looking for guys 15-25 yards down the field. HE CANT THROW THE F*****G ball that far so why do they plays???? Just because that's the same $****y offensive you have been running for 25 years doesnt make it right. So what does Teddy do?? He hits the checkdown.

That was quite the giveaway. Zimmer and his D on the other hand did a masterful job of containing Wilson. That's how you play TEAM defense and not watch some goat ropping loser sit out there hunting for personal glory.

Posted on: 2016/1/11 14:06

LSF Member
From GODS country
I hope you guys don't blame and hound Walsh too badly.
He's the only one to score any points for you guys.
Without Walsh, the Vikings would have been skunked.

Posted on: 2016/1/11 14:32

LSF Member
From Central MN
I see it this way, we have a young quarterback who is 24, he will only get better or we will ship him off. We literally got here because of Peterson and the defense, the stats tells us that story on win/loss's based on his attempts in a game. Vikings go 6-10 without Peterson this year, maybe worse.

If you really thought the Vikings deserved to win, or if they were getting past the next round with an inexperienced QB you need to stop doing beer bongs on your lunch breaks.

Posted on: 2016/1/11 14:34

LSF Member
From andover
I agree. Zimmer said that Teddy played well. He did what was asked to do. Both defenses played great and if someone was going to be critical of Teddy that the same should apply to Wilson. If Teddy doesn't improve next season I think the Vikings will look elswhere especially with this coach. The main complaint on play calling I have was the repeat ist down and give to Peterson. Very seldom did that play change and the whole NFL knew it. I know every play is designed to succeed but not when every team can count on it. The team is young and talented with a great coach and staff. I look forward to further improvement next year. good luck.

Posted on: 2016/1/11 18:04

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
From Hutchinson
Don't drink the purple Kool - Aid next year

Posted on: 2016/1/11 19:23

LSF Member
From Lake Elmo, MN
I love the way this team is headed did the loss suck hell ya . A couple plays and we don't even have to worry about a field goal. Personally from what I have seen in college and the two years in the league I believe teddy has a bright future just need to work on a few things . O line needs to get fixed up and get healthy . The defense is playing like a Zimmer defense now and with the youth on this side will for a long time and get better with each year as it has . Just remember we weren't even supposed to be in that game , we werent supposed to win more then 8 games . Well 1 division title and have a super bowl and nfc champ team on the ropes the whole playoff game in year two . All I can say is SKOL VIKINGS and cant wait til next season . Vikings nation forever !

Posted on: 2016/1/11 20:24

LSF Member
From Perham
I guess I wasn't planning on us airing it out in the frigid cold against the best secondary in the league, Peterson wants the rock, he's gotta figure out a way to make more out of his carries. Teddy did a nice job finding open guys, and though he doesn't take many risks, it kept them in the game not forcing a ball. I love the makeup of this team, no reason we shouldn't be in good shape in the future. Peterson is getting up there in age, but as many other teams with premier running backs who got injured have shown, it's more about the system than the guy. See: Leveon Bell, Jamal Charles.

Posted on: 2016/1/12 8:35

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page