Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Re: Live Report URL Outdoor Authority
LSF Member
From West metro
Sir,

Just how does he put houses that weigh 6000 pounds plus out where your buddies were catching fish? It's easy to run around in portables but you aren't pulling houses on 10" of ice and if you are you're a total fool that's putting your customers lives at risk.

He already said he would love to get his houses out to where the fish are stacked up, but he can't! Sometimes the almighty dollar makes people into fools.... Dannie would rather you LIVE than risk anything bad happening over a walleye!

He TELLS you before you show up to bring what will take to get on fish, he can't control the ice conditions!

Posted on: 2016/1/12 20:02
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Minnesota
I would have to agree with g powers on the location. I was up just before the original poster was up and I could see the houses fom Beacon Harbor area. I was on a Wheeler and portable and in some deeper water that had cleaner water. Trust me I was a ways away still but could see them. I checked the ice where I was sitting and there was only 9 inches of ice. I guess I would be more pissed off if I drove my truck up to the shack and only found 9 inches of ice. That's my 2 cents

Posted on: 2016/1/12 20:12

LSF Member
From Minneapolis & Myr Mar Villas
Quote:

GPowers wrote:
He TELLS you before you show up to bring what will take to get on fish, he can't control the ice conditions!
Neither can he control whether you catch fish or not. That is not anything they can guarantee. Maybe the anglers were using the wrong colored spoons or they had some "bad minnows". Who's to say. I do know that any reputable outfitter will do the best that they can to put their guests on fish. Probably the most important in earning a good reputation. I do know that while their guests are focused on how many fish they catch, the resort or outfitter has a spinning wheel of so many other concerns to provide a safe and comfortable experience for their customers. So when you rent a "sleeper house" you shouldn't expect that they can just pick the thing up and move you around like a nomadic portable exploration.

Posted on: 2016/1/12 20:52

LSF Member
From West metro
It has to be frustrating for the outfitters, they want you to catch fish and have a great stay.... that's how they get you to come back!
It's even more frustrating when people are bad mouthing you for not putting huge houses out on unsafe ice. There are a lot of dumb people out there, they aren't afraid to dump their truck in a lake to catch a few fish. Those people scare the hell out of me.

Thank God a few people get it and understand that the ice isnt safe for everything!

Posted on: 2016/1/12 21:36

LSF Member
From maple lake
I have rented with OA for many many years with never a complaint. Yes i am a friend of dannie, well i do admit that but it pains me. Dannie has always done whatever he can for people, even in some of the worst conditions to be on a lake. I just think there are way to many people that EXPECT the world from an outfitter. If thats what they want, then spend the money and hire a guy named Winkleman! Dannie keep up the good work bud, if you can give a guy the nicname "no fish bill" and still get me to catch a few fish, well your doing something right.

Posted on: 2016/1/12 22:16

LSF Member
Before there was enough ice to get there sleeper houses out to where they are now at about 8.5 feet of ice or so ,many outfitters rented the sleepers out for somewhere in the neighborhood of $25.00-$35.00 to sleep in and use them as a base camp on the dirt . Understandably so , a good way to use the house since there's not enough ice to be safe for the house to sit on. That's a good idea , makes sense. BUT , then along comes enough ice to move the house out to 8.5 feet of ice . Probably not quite deep enough for a good bite , and nothing but muddy , stirred up water , not a good place for a good bite.But we will move the house out ,(cause now we can) and put it at a lousy spot and charge $200 plus . Boy , just what I want to pay for from a outfitter. Doesn't sound right to me . Just sayin !

Posted on: 2016/1/13 0:39

LSF Member
Quote:

Bigfatber wrote:
Before there was enough ice to get there sleeper houses out to where they are now at about 8.5 feet of ice or so ,many outfitters rented the sleepers out for somewhere in the neighborhood of $25.00-$35.00 to sleep in and use them as a base camp on the dirt . Understandably so , a good way to use the house since there's not enough ice to be safe for the house to sit on. That's a good idea , makes sense. BUT , then along comes enough ice to move the house out to 8.5 feet of ice . Probably not quite deep enough for a good bite , and nothing but muddy , stirred up water , not a good place for a good bite.But we will move the house out ,(cause now we can) and put it at a lousy spot and charge $200 plus . Boy , just what I want to pay for from a outfitter. Doesn't sound right to me . Just sayin !

....That was pure gibberish... OA keep doing what you're doing, sounds like the winter has been a killer for all the resorts. I have no doubt in my mind you guys are busting your butts to get people on the fish.

Posted on: 2016/1/13 1:17

LSF Member
Gibberish ? I don't think so . But you think it is . There are plenty of other outfitters out there that are not set up in dirty , cloudy , non productive waters. You fish the dirty , mud holes , and I will fish the clear water holes , we shall see who gets more fish.. Let the paying fishermen decide. Goodnite.

Posted on: 2016/1/13 2:01

LSF Member
From West metro
Then don't go to Red lake! Or take your shack and truck and start driving all over the lake. You sound like the guy that would never be satisfied until you ended up at the bottom of the lake!
Good luck!

Posted on: 2016/1/13 5:25

LSF Member
Our group of 12 stayed with Don's this weekend. We had 2 6man houses about 50 yards from another in 13fow AWAY from the crowd off of Rogers access. We caught a total of about 20 fishes in 3days 2 nights, 2 21inch eyes to be the biggest nothing smaller than 15inches. It was a tough bite with the cold front, rattle reels and dead stick wasn't the ticket but jiggin with a red glow and rattles tipped with a minnow head worked the best. Also, the fishes seems to like smaller minnows. Overall, this was a cousins trip and we had more than plenty of fish to eat nonetheless spending quality time together. Often people forget its not about fishing, it's the adventure to get there.

TG

Posted on: 2016/1/13 9:13

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page