Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Otter Pro Resort problem
LSF Member
From Baudette, Mn
Otter really the toughest portable on the Ice?? After using my clam for 10 years I sold it and bought a Otter last week. I pulled the new resort a total of 60 miles the first time I used it yesterday, I set it up today and there is 5 holes in the back of the tarp from there chair design bouncing and rubbing the tarp while in transport. That was a run my old clam made countless times with zero issues, who prototypes these things? I'm sure it'd be a good house to throw in the box and drive a pickup out but I live on the snowmobile in the winter. The other thing I'm not a fan of is the curtain inside the house, I tried tucking it into the chairs before I put the travel cover on but just ends up dragging on the Ice after a couple miles. Tonite when I got back to the yard 1 chair was in the bottom of the sled, with the angle iron pressed into the tarp (no clue how much new damage there is) and that short tarp that goes by your feet dragging on the ground. When its -30windchills and dark i don't have time to stop and baby the "toughest, strongest smartest" fish house every half mile. That's my rant, just expected alot more out of it for $1400

Posted on: 2016/1/9 21:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Otter Pro Resort problem
LSF Member
Never had any issues with mine. I'd contact otter about the tarp. I've had mine 3 years and I've had it behind a wheeler or sled with no issues.

Posted on: 2016/1/10 21:40

LSF Member
From oshkosh, wisconsin
same here, going on 5 years on my xt900 cabin. pull it behind wheeler all the time no issues. like already stated call otter and talk to them obviously something was or is not right.

Posted on: 2016/1/11 6:23

LSF Member
From north metro
That skirt that goes by your feet... Try flipping up each seat, then flip the whole skirt into the sled, then put the seats back down. It locks that bad boy in there.

As for your other problems... I've towed mine plenty, and over plenty of rough terrain, I have not had any of the other issues you were talking about.

Call Otter, their customer service is usually super good.

Posted on: 2016/1/11 17:20

LSF Member
From Baudette, Mn
My claim went in to Otter Monday after the dealer I bought it from called them and didn't get anywhere. I will post back when I find out any results.

Posted on: 2016/1/12 22:48

LSF Member
worst case scenario, return it

Posted on: 2016/1/13 9:18

LSF Member
From Hiding from the Wife!
I have a 5 year old XT900 Cabin that has seen 100's of miles behind the wheeler and sled on some tough ice, never had a single issue. As stated above, you need to flip up the seats to tuck the sled skirt up then wedge the seats over the top of it. Otter should help you out for sure!

Posted on: 2016/1/13 9:26

LSF Member
From Baudette, Mn
After a few emails back and forth, Otter is sending me a new tarp. The warranty dept. claims its from something I set on my tarp in transportation that caused the holes but that simply isnt true. It was pointed out in the otter instruction book additional padding or foam may need to be placed between the poles and other objects during transportation behind a atv or snowmobile to prevent this. I got lucky on this one, needles to say I will be bringing the new tarp to get a heavy piece of canvas sewed in on the inside back part of the tarp that makes contact with the seats and brackets, carrying additional thick foam pieces and hoping they stay in place dosent sound realistic to me.

Posted on: 2016/1/13 12:22

LSF Member
Quote:

WalleyesnWings wrote:
After a few emails back and forth, Otter is sending me a new tarp. The warranty dept. claims its from something I set on my tarp in transportation that caused the holes but that simply isnt true. It was pointed out in the otter instruction book additional padding or foam may need to be placed between the poles and other objects during transportation behind a atv or snowmobile to prevent this. I got lucky on this one, needles to say I will be bringing the new tarp to get a heavy piece of canvas sewed in on the inside back part of the tarp that makes contact with the seats and brackets, carrying additional thick foam pieces and hoping they stay in place dosent sound realistic to me.
I cut a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet about 3" x 10" and put on the back bracket of the seat when folded down, used the top and bottom bolt holes of bracket on back of the seat to secure carpet, when its flipped up the bottom of the carpet sticks straight down the back, flipped down it lays over the bracket, hinge to protect canvas .

Posted on: 2016/1/14 11:21

I also bought a new otter resort this year and I will say there is definitely a right way and a wrong way to fold it up for transport. A travel cover is also needed to properly tuck everything together. The seats are also not meant to be left set up on the sled during transport and as the sled is bouncing around there is nothing to secure the back bracket in place. Now that I think about it The fabric at the back of the sled is very tight so it doesn't surprise me that you rubbed holes in it. That being said I also have been leaving my seats set up during transport because I have been too lazy to remove them and the design could be better I think so they kind of irritate me to take them in and out.

Posted on: 2016/1/15 8:45

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page