Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

bsl ice on
LSF Member
From farmington mn
" I'm baaaack". It's been a while. Sorry about that. Rough year. How's things going on big sandy?. Ice thick? I heard they were catching some crappies last week? Plan on heading up Fri. is there lots of snow? Can a atv work? i Haven't started "Old Yeller" up yet. Im out on the end of bridge rd. "Rip some Lip" Good Luck

Posted on: 2016/1/18 20:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: bsl ice on
LSF Member
From right behind you
Welcome back! Did u get hit by a truck or something?

Posted on: 2016/1/19 20:27

LSF Member
From Cokato, MN
A couple of us are heading up this weekend and I to am curious about the current ice conditions. We'll be using wheelers, but this will be my first time on Big Sandy hard water. Maybe somebody could chime in on some typical areas to watch out for besides the standard narrows and flowages. I have to think conditions are pretty good with the recent cold snaps and not too much snow in the area.
Ben61, if you're out on the end of Bridge Road I believe that point bar is where I spent most of my time last summer fishing. Will be starting in that area Saturday morning. Good luck!

Posted on: 2016/1/19 20:43

LSF Member
From farmington mn
Didn't get hit by truck----Bus Fished all day Sat. and half sun. Out in the middle on Rock piles and points. No eyes. You will never believe it, but ROCK BASS. Talked to some guys out between the islands and they got a couple nice ones. Good job. When we were out there a person in a full size truck drove right across the middle. Sorry but that was crazy. Only a little over a foot of ice is what i was cutting. Had old yeller running and a green atv. I herd more good news from down by the dam. I think thats where I will be heading next time I go up. Won't be till the end of Feb. Wife wants to go to Vegas. NICE. Some people were getting Jacks (northerns) in closer to shore on the points. tip ups. By the way our friend Amber stopped by, checked our lic. and told us a funny story about some guys. They were a little red eyed and chowing on Doritoes, if you know what i mean. They had a few fish in a bucket, one walleye that measured 11.5. When asked if they had anymore, they said sure, he reached into his pocket and handed her a small bag. Made me laugh. She wasn't expecting that. Good Luck to All I will stay in touch

Posted on: 2016/2/8 21:36

LSF Member
From farmington mn
Sorry but for info Ice is good Used ATV and snowmobile, both worked great. Fishing so so. Didn't try for Crappies, just walleyes. didn't get one. Will try again in a couple weeks. Probably for crappies down closer to the dam Nw end of lake. Maybe some current will help

Posted on: 2016/2/8 21:53

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page